Is electricity more important than natural gas? Partial liberalization of the Western-European energy markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Golombek, Rolf & Brekke, Kjell Arne & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C., 2013. "Is electricity more important than natural gas? Partial liberalizations of the Western European energy markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 99-111.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holz, Franziska & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Kemfert, Claudia, 2008. "A strategic model of European gas supply (GASMOD)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 766-788, May.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Catherine D. Wolfram, 1999. "Measuring Duopoly Power in the British Electricity Spot Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 805-826, September.
- Finn Roar Aune & Rolf Golombek & Sverre Kittelsen & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2004.
"Liberalizing the energy markets of Western Europe - a computable equilibrium model approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2137-2149.
- Aune,F.R. & Golombek,R. & Kittelsen,S.A.C. & ..., 2001. "Liberalising the energy markets of Western Europe : a computable equilibrium model approach," Memorandum 14/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Egging, Rudolf G. & Gabriel, Steven A., 2006. "Examining market power in the European natural gas market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2762-2778, November.
- Rolf Golombek & Jan Braten, 1994. "Incomplete International Climate Agreements: Optimal Carbon Taxes, Market Failures and Welfare Effects," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 141-166.
- Jan Bråten & Rolf Golombek, 1998. "OPEC's Response to International Climate Agreements," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(4), pages 425-442, December.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1975. "Welfare effects of tax and price changes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-123, February.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Springer, Urs & Varilek, Matthew, 2004. "Estimating the price of tradable permits for greenhouse gas emissions in 2008-12," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 611-621, March.
- Eirik Amundsen & Sigve Tjotta, 1997. "Trade and price variation in an integrated European power market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 745-757.
- Rolf Golombek & Eystein Gjelsvik & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 1995. "Effects of Liberalizing the Natural Gas Markets in Western Europe," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 85-112.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finn Roar Aune, Rolf Golombek , Arild Moe, Knut Einar Rosendahl and Hilde Hallre Le Tissier, 2015.
"Liberalizing Russian Gas Markets - An Economic Analysis,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Adelman S).
- Aune, Finn Roar & Golombek, Rolf & Moe, Arild & Rosendahl , Knut Einar & Le Tissier, Hilde Hallre, 2015. "Liberalizing Russian gas markets – an economic analysis," Working Paper Series 11-2015, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- Finn Roar Aune & Rolf Golombek & Hilde Hallre & Arild Moe & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2015. "Liberalizing Russian Gas Markets - An Economic Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 5387, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rolf Golombek & Kjell Arne Brekke & Michal Kaut & Sverre A.C. Kittelsen & Stein W. Wallace, 2016. "Stochastic equilibrium modeling: The Impact of Uncertainty on the European Energy Market," EcoMod2016 9201, EcoMod.
- Huppmann, Daniel & Egging, Ruud, 2014.
"Market power, fuel substitution and infrastructure – A large-scale equilibrium model of global energy markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 483-500.
- Daniel Huppmann & Ruud Egging, 2014. "Market Power, Fuel Substitution and Infrastructure: A Large-Scale Equilibrium Model of Global Energy Markets," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1370, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:450-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheikhi, Aras & Bahrami, Shahab & Ranjbar, Ali Mohammad, 2015. "An autonomous demand response program for electricity and natural gas networks in smart energy hubs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 490-499.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy markets; liberalization; price discrimination; resource rent;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-11-11 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-11-11 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2008_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.