On Revenue and Welfare Dominance of Ad Valorem Taxes in Two-Sided Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Koethenbuerger, Marko & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2009. "On revenue and welfare dominance of ad valorem taxes in two-sided markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 86-88, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Koethenbuerger, Marko & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2008.
"Efficiency enhancing taxation in two-sided markets,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1531-1539, June.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Koethenbuerger, Marko & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2008. "Efficiency Enhancing Taxation in Two-sided Markets," Discussion Papers 2008/1, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. B. Suits & R. A. Musgrave, 1953. "Ad Valorem and Unit Taxes Compared," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 598-604.
- Evans David S., 2003. "Some Empirical Aspects of Multi-sided Platform Industries," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-19, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valido, Jorge & Pilar Socorro, M. & Hernández, Aday & Betancor, Ofelia, 2014. "Air transport subsidies for resident passengers when carriers have market power," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 388-399.
- Laszlo Goerke & Frederik Herzberg & Thorsten Upmann, 2014.
"Failure of ad valorem and specific tax equivalence under uncertainty,"
International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 10(4), pages 387-402, December.
- Laszlo Goerke & Frederik Herzberg & Thorsten Upmann, 2012. "Failure of Ad Valorem and Specific Tax Equivalence under Uncertainty," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201205, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Laszlo Goerke & Frederik Herzberg & Thorsten Upmann, 2012. "Failure of Ad Valorem and Specific Tax Equivalence under Uncertainty," CESifo Working Paper Series 3946, CESifo.
- Aloui, Chokri & Jebsi, Khaïreddine, 2016. "Platform optimal capacity sharing: Willing to pay more does not guarantee a larger capacity share," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 276-288.
- Laszlo Goerke, 2012.
"The Optimal Structure of Commodity Taxation in a Monopoly with Tax Avoidance or Evasion,"
Public Finance Review, , vol. 40(4), pages 519-536, July.
- Goerke, Laszlo, 2011. "The optimal structure of commodity taxation in a monopoly with tax avoidance or evasion," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 8, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- Marko Köthenbürger, 2020. "Taxation of Digital Platforms," EconPol Working Paper 41, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Paul Belleflamme & Eric Toulemonde, 2016.
"Tax Incidence on Competing Two-Sided Platforms: Lucky Break or Double Jeopardy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- BELLEFLAMME, Paul & TOULEMONDE, Eric, 2016. "Tax Incidence on Competing Two-Sided Platforms: Lucky Break or Double Jeopardy," CORE Discussion Papers 2016012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hiroshi Aiura & Hikaru Ogawa, 2019.
"Indirect taxes in a cross-border shopping model: a monopolistic competition approach,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 147-175, October.
- Hiroshi Aiura & Hikaru Ogawa, 2016. "Indirect Taxes in the Cross-border Shopping Model: A Monopolistic Competition Approach," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1014, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Laszlo Goerke, 2011.
"Commodity tax structure under uncertainty in a perfectly competitive market,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 203-219, July.
- Laszlo Goerke, 2011. "Commodity Tax Structure under Uncertainty in a Perfectly Competitive Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 3339, CESifo.
- Aiura, Hiroshi & Ogawa, Hikaru, 2013.
"Unit tax versus ad valorem tax: A tax competition model with cross-border shopping,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 30-38.
- Hikaru Ogawa & Hiroshi Aiura, 2012. "Unit Tax versus Ad Valorem Tax: A Tax Competition Model with Cross-border Shopping," ERSA conference papers ersa12p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Bajo-Buenestado, Raúl & Kinateder, Markus, 2019. "Armstrong meets Rochet–Tirole: On the equivalence of different pricing structures in two-sided markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 43-46.
More about this item
KeywordsAd Valorem Taxes; Unit Taxes; Two-Sided Markets; Revenue-Dominance; Welfare-Dominance; Monopoly;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2009_009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.