Credit-Implied Equity Volatility – Long-Term Forecasts and Alternative Fear Gauges
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hans Byström, 2015. "Credit‐Implied Equity Volatility—Long‐Term Forecasts and Alternative Fear Gauges," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(8), pages 753-775, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sorensen, Bent & Yesiltas, Sevcan, 2012.
"Leverage across firms, banks, and countries,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 284-298.
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sørensen, Bent E & Yesiltas, Sevcan, 2011. "Leverage Across Firms, Banks and Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 8549, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Bent Sorensen & Sevcan Yesiltas, 2011. "Leverage Across Firms, Banks, and Countries," NBER Working Papers 17354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiang, George J. & Tian, Yisong S., 2010. "Forecasting Volatility Using Long Memory and Comovements: An Application to Option Valuation under SFAS 123R," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 503-533, April.
- Kremer, Manfred & Lo Duca, Marco & Holló, Dániel, 2012. "CISS - a composite indicator of systemic stress in the financial system," Working Paper Series 1426, European Central Bank.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- repec:ecb:ecbwps:20111426 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Byström, Hans, 2013. "Stock Prices and Stock Return Volatilities Implied by the Credit Market," Working Papers 2013:25, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 14 Feb 2014.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ephraim Clark & Selima Baccar, 2018. "Modelling credit spreads with time volatility, skewness, and kurtosis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 262(2), pages 431-461, March.
- Antonio Di Cesare & Anna Rogantini Picco, 2018. "A Survey of Systemic Risk Indicators," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 458, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Joël Bessis, 2009. "Risk Management in Banking," Post-Print hal-00494876, HAL.
- Gordian Rättich & Kim Clark & Evi Hartmann, 2011. "Performance measurement and antecedents of early internationalizing firms: A systematic assessment," Working Papers 0031, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Jeremy Leake, 2003. "Credit spreads on sterling corporate bonds and the term structure of UK interest rates," Bank of England working papers 202, Bank of England.
- Richardson, Grant & Taylor, Grantley & Lanis, Roman, 2015. "The impact of financial distress on corporate tax avoidance spanning the global financial crisis: Evidence from Australia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 44-53.
- Zhijian (James) Huang & Yuchen Luo, 2016. "Revisiting Structural Modeling of Credit Risk—Evidence from the Credit Default Swap (CDS) Market," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-20, May.
- Sandrine Lardic & Claire Gauthier, 2003.
"Un modèle multifactoriel des spreads de crédit : estimation sur panels complets et incomplets,"
Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 159(3), pages 53-69.
- Claire Gauthier & Sandrine Lardic, 2003. "Un modèle multifactoriel des spreads de crédit : estimation sur panels complets et incomplets," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 159(3), pages 53-69.
- Polito, Vito & Wickens, Michael, 2015.
"Sovereign credit ratings in the European Union: A model-based fiscal analysis,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 220-247.
- Polito, Vito & Wickens, Michael R., 2013. "Sovereign credit ratings in the European Union: a model-based fiscal analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hilscher, Jens & Raviv, Alon, 2014.
"Bank stability and market discipline: The effect of contingent capital on risk taking and default probability,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 542-560.
- Jens Hilscher & Alon Raviv, 2012. "Bank stability and market discipline: The effect of contingent capital on risk taking and default probability," Working Papers 53, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School, revised Jan 2014.
- Andres, Christian & Cumming, Douglas & Karabiber, Timur & Schweizer, Denis, 2014. "Do markets anticipate capital structure decisions? — Feedback effects in equity liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 133-156.
- Anna Kovner & Chenyang Wei, 2012. "The private premium in public bonds," Staff Reports 553, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Stentoft, Lars, 2005. "Pricing American options when the underlying asset follows GARCH processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 576-611, September.
- Bjork, Tomas, 2009. "Arbitrage Theory in Continuous Time," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780199574742.
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2013. "Government interventions and default risk: Does one size fit all?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 641-653.
- Muhammad Suhail Rizwan & Asifa Obaid & Dawood Ashraf, 2017. "The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Default Risk: Empirical evidence from US Firms," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 9(3), pages 36-70, September.
- Jobst, Andreas A., 2014. "Measuring systemic risk-adjusted liquidity (SRL)—A model approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 270-287.
- Chava, Sudheer & Jarrow, Robert, 2008. "Modeling loan commitments," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 11-20, March.
- Augusto Castillo, 2004. "Firm and Corporate Bond Valuation: A Simulation Dynamic Programming Approach," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(124), pages 345-360.
- Alejandro Revéiz Hérault, "undated".
"Factores determinantes de los márgenes entre bonos del gobierno y bonos corporativos en los Estados Unidos,"
Lecturas en Finanzas
002710, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Alejandro Revéiz Hérault, 2002. "Factores determinantes de los márgenes entre bonos del gobierno y bonos corporativos en los Estados Unidos," Lecturas en Finanzas 002710, Banco de la República.
More about this item
Keywordscredit default swaps; implied volatility; CreditGrades; VIX; fear gauge; long-term forecast;
All these keywords.
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2014_034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.