Computing Normalized Equilibria in Convex-Concave Games
This paper considers a fairly large class of noncooperative games in which strategies are jointly constrained. When what is called the Ky Fan or Nikaido-Isoda function is convex-concave, selected Nash equilibria correspond to diagonal saddle points of that function. This feature is exploited to design computational algorithms for finding such equilibria. To comply with some freedom of individual choice the algorithms developed here are fairly decentralized. However, since coupling constraints must be enforced, repeated coordination is needed while underway towards equilibrium. Particular instances include zero-sum, two-person games - or minimax problems - that are convex-concave and involve convex coupling constraints.
|Date of creation:||27 Apr 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Box 7082, S-220 07 Lund,Sweden|
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flam, Sjur & Ruszczynski, A., 2006.
"Computing Normalized Equilibria in Convex-Concave Games,"
2006:9, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Flåm, Sjur Didrik & Ruszczynski, A., 2006. "Computing Normalized Equilibria in Convex-Concave Games," Working Papers in Economics 05/06, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Steffan Berridge & Jacek Krawczyk, "undated". "Relaxation Algorithms in Finding Nash Equilibrium," Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 159, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jacek B. Krawczyk & Steffan Berridge, 1997. "Relaxation Algorithms in Finding Nash Equilibria," Computational Economics 9707002, EconWPA.
- Krawczyk, Jacek B., 2005. "Coupled constraint Nash equilibria in environmental games," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 157-181, June.
- M.J. Kallio & A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "Perturbation Methods for Saddle Point Computation," Working Papers wp94038, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "A Partial Regularization Method for Saddle Point Seeking," Working Papers wp94020, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)