Computing Normalized Equilibria in Convex-Concave Games
This paper considers a fairly large class of noncooperative games in which strategies are jointly constrained. When what is called the Ky Fan or Nikaido-Isoda function is convex-concave, selected Nash equilibria correspond to diagonal saddle points of that function. This feature is exploited to design computational algorithms for finding such equilibria. To comply with some freedom of individual choice the algorithms developed here are fairly decentralized. However, since coupling constraints must be enforced, repeated coordination is needed while underway towards equilibrium. Particular instances include zero-sum, two-person games - or minimax problems - that are convex-concave and involve convex coupling constraints.
|Date of creation:||27 Apr 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Box 7082, S-220 07 Lund,Sweden|
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krawczyk, Jacek B., 2005. "Coupled constraint Nash equilibria in environmental games," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 157-181, June.
- Jacek B. Krawczyk & Steffan Berridge, 1997.
"Relaxation Algorithms in Finding Nash Equilibria,"
- A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "A Partial Regularization Method for Saddle Point Seeking," Working Papers wp94020, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Flåm, Sjur Didrik & Ruszczynski, A., 2006.
"Computing Normalized Equilibria in Convex-Concave Games,"
Working Papers in Economics
05/06, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Flam, Sjur & Ruszczynski, A., 2006. "Computing Normalized Equilibria in Convex-Concave Games," Working Papers 2006:9, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- M.J. Kallio & A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "Perturbation Methods for Saddle Point Computation," Working Papers wp94038, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2006_009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.