Heterogeneous preferences for marine amenities: A choice experiment applied to water quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R.K. Blamey & J.W. Bennett & J.J. Louviere & M.D. Morrison & J.C. Rolfe, 2002. "Attribute Causality in Environmental Choice Modelling," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(2), pages 167-186, October.
- Nick Hanley & Robert Wright & Vic Adamowicz, 1998. "Using Choice Experiments to Value the Environment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 413-428, April.
- Morgan, Cynthia & Owens, Nicole, 2001. "Benefits of water quality policies: the Chesapeake Bay," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 271-284, November.
- F Alpizar & F Carlsson & P Martinsson, 2003.
"Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 8(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2001. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," Working Papers in Economics 52, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martinsson, 2002. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200205t2, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised May 2002.
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-462, July.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, April.
- Kling, Catherine L., 1991. "Estimating the precision of welfare measures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 244-259, November.
- Adamowicz W. & Louviere J. & Williams M., 1994.
"Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-292, May.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Louviere, J. & Willians, M., 1992. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities," Staff Paper Series 232531, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, April.
- Nunes, Paulo A. L. D. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M., 2001. "Economic valuation of biodiversity: sense or nonsense?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 203-222, November.
- David Revelt & Kenneth Train, 1998. "Mixed Logit With Repeated Choices: Households' Choices Of Appliance Efficiency Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 647-657, November.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 2001. "A Bioeconomic Model of Marine Reserve Creation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 257-276, November.
- Boxall, Peter C. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Swait, Joffre & Williams, Michael & Louviere, Jordan, 1996. "A comparison of stated preference methods for environmental valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 243-253, September.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Nick Hanley & David Bell & Begona Alvarez-Farizo, 2003.
"Valuing the Benefits of Coastal Water Quality Improvements Using Contingent and Real Behaviour,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(3), pages 273-285, March.
- Nick Hanley & Begona Alvarez-Farizo, "undated". "Valuing the Benefits of Coastal Water Quality Improvements using Contingent and Real Behaviour," Working Papers 2002_9, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow, revised Sep 2002.
- David F. Layton & Gardner Brown, 2000. "Heterogeneous Preferences Regarding Global Climate Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(4), pages 616-624, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertram, Christine & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2013.
"On the environmental effectiveness of the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 25-40.
- Bertram, Christine & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2012. "On the environmental effectiveness of the EU marine strategy framework directive," Kiel Working Papers 1760, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Deborah Ellen Lee & Stephen Gerald Hosking & Mario Du Preez, 2015. "Managing Some Motorised Recreational Boating Challenges in South African Estuaries: A Case Study at the Kromme River Estuary," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(2), pages 286-302, June.
- Paudel, Krishna P. & Caffey, Rex H. & Devkota, Nirmala, 2011. "An Evaluation of Factors Affecting the Choice of Coastal Recreational Activities," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(02), May.
- Ghermandi, Andrea & Nunes, Paulo A.L.D., 2013.
"A global map of coastal recreation values: Results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-15.
- Andrea Ghermandi & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2011. "A Global Map of Costal Recreation Values: results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis," Working Papers 2011_08, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Beharry-Borg, Nesha & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2010. "Valuing quality changes in Caribbean coastal waters for heterogeneous beach visitors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1124-1139, March.
- Taylor, Tim & Longo, Alberto, 2009. "Valuation of Marine Ecosystem Threshold Effects:Application of Choice Experiments to Value Algal Bloom in the Black Sea Coast of Bulgaria," Department of Economics Working Papers 15971, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Bastone, Chris & Stewart-Carbines, Megan & Kerr, Geoffrey N. & Sharp, Basil M.H. & Meister, Anton D., 2010. "Understanding values associated with stormwater remediation options in marine coastal ecosystems: A case study from Auckland, New Zealand," 2010 Conference (54th), February 10-12, 2010, Adelaide, Australia 59578, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
Keywordschoice experiments; mixed logit; stated preference; water quality;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2004-02-23 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-MIC-2004-02-23 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-POL-2004-02-23 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-RES-2004-02-23 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .