The ecological footprint of early-modern commodities Coefficients of land use per unit of product
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2011.
"The Potato's Contribution to Population and Urbanization: Evidence From A Historical Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(2), pages 593-650.
- Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2009. "The Potato's Contribution to Population and Urbanization: Evidence from an Historical Experiment," NBER Working Papers 15157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nunn, Nathan & Qian, Nancy, 2009. "The Potato's Contribution to Population and Urbanization: Evidence from an Historical Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 7364, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sharp, Paul & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2013. "Globalization revisited: Market integration and the wheat trade between North America and Britain from the eighteenth century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 88-98.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Custodis, Johann & Gupta, Bishnupriya, 2015.
"India and the great divergence: An Anglo-Indian comparison of GDP per capita, 1600–1871,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 58-75.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gupta, Bishnupriya, 2012. "India And The Great Divergence: An Anglo-Indian Comparison Of Gdp Per Capita, 1600-1871," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 81, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Broadberry, Stephen & Custodis, Johann & Gupta, Bishnupriya, 2015. "India and the great divergence: an Anglo-Indian comparison of GDP per capita, 1600–1871," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 56838, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:bla:ajecsc:v:52:y:1993:i:4:p:479-485 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rasmussen, Wayne D., 1962. "The Impact of Technological Change on American Agriculture, 1862â€“1962," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 578-591, December.
- Allen, Robert C., 1992. "Enclosure and the Yeoman: The Agricultural Development of the South Midlands 1450-1850," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198282969.
- Samuel Garrido & Salvador Calatayud, 2011. "The price of improvements: agrarian contracts and agrarian development in nineteenth‐century eastern Spain," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(2), pages 598-620, May.
- Hornborg, Alf, 2006. "Footprints in the cotton fields: The Industrial Revolution as time-space appropriation and environmental load displacement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 74-81, August.
- Newell, William H., 1973. "The Agricultural Revolution in Nineteenth-Century France," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 697-731, December.
- G. W. Grantham, 1993. "Divisions of labour: agricultural productivity and occupational specialization in pre-industrial France," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 46(3), pages 478-502, August.
- Cusso, Xavier & Garrabou, Ramon & Tello, Enric, 2006. "Social metabolism in an agrarian region of Catalonia (Spain) in 1860-1870: Flows, energy balance and land use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 49-65, June.
- Indrajit Ray, 2012. "Struggling against Dundee: Bengal jute industry during the nineteenth century," The Indian Economic & Social History Review, , vol. 49(1), pages 105-146, March.
- repec:bla:ajecsc:v:7:y:1948:i:2:p:173-184 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riello,Giorgio, 2013. "Cotton," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107000223, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ehsrev:v:72:y:2019:i:1:p:209-232 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsecological footprint; trade; 19th century; ghost acres; Britain; land productivity;
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N70 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - General, International, or Comparative
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-02-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-02-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2017-02-26 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunhis:0021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jens Anmark). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dehguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.