Corporate Governance in the Swedish Banking Sector
This paper studies the corporate governance structure among Swedish banks. Who controls the Swedish banks and what characteristics does the Swedish banking sector have? Issues related to corporate governance such as ownership structure, board of directors and control-enhancing mechanisms will be studied. The Swedish banking law, how Swedish banks handled the financial crises and government measures to deal with the financial crisis is also analyzed.
|Date of creation:||10 Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46 8 790 95 63
Web page: http://www.infra.kth.se/cesis/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Government Ownership of Banks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 265-301, 02.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopezde-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," NBER Working Papers 7620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Government Ownership of Banks," Working Paper Series rwp01-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1890, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Randall Morck & Masao Nakamura, 1999. "Banks and Corporate Control in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 319-339, 02.
- Eklund, Johan & Palmberg, Johanna & Wiberg, Daniel, 2009.
"Ownership Structure, Board Composition and Investment Performance,"
Ratio Working Papers
129, The Ratio Institute.
- Eklund, Johan & Palmberg, Johanna & Wiberg, Daniel, 2009. "Ownership Structure, Board Composition and Investment Performance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 172, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Gerard Caprio & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2003.
"Governance and Bank Valuation,"
NBER Working Papers
10158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bjuggren, Per-Olof & Eklund, Johan & Wiberg, Daniel, 2005.
"Ownership Structure, Control and Firm Performance: The Effects of Vote Differentiated Shares,"
Ratio Working Papers
71, The Ratio Institute.
- Per-Olof Bjuggren & Johan Eklund & Daniel Wiberg, 2007. "Ownership structure, control and firm performance: the effects of vote-differentiated shares," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(16), pages 1323-1334.
- Jeffrey Wurgler, 1999.
"Financial Markets And The Allocation Of Capital,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm123, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2001.
- William L. Megginson & Robert C. Nash & Jeffry M. Netter & Annette B. Poulsen, 2004. "The Choice of Private Versus Public Capital Markets: Evidence from Privatizations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(6), pages 2835-2870, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.