Direct Exchange in Linear Economies
Abstract. Considered here is direct exchange of production allowances or input factors. Motivated by practical modelling and compution, we sup- pose every owner or user of such items has a linear technology. The issue then is whether competitive market equilibrium can be reached merely via iterated bilateral barters. This paper provides positive and constructive answers.
|Date of creation:||08 May 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Institutt for økonomi, Universitetet i Bergen, Postboks 7802, 5020 Bergen, Norway|
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/en
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin J. Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 1994.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650401, July.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009. "A Course in Game Theory," Levine's Bibliography 814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Goldman, Steven M & Starr, Ross M, 1982. "Pairwise, t-Wise, and Pareto Optimalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 593-606, May.
- Gintis Herbert, 2006. "The Emergence of a Price System from Decentralized Bilateral Exchange," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Ghosal, Sayantan & Morelli, Massimo, 2004. "Retrading in market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 151-181, March.
- Massimo Morelli & Sayantan Ghosal, 2001. "Retrading in Market Games," Working Papers 01-09, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Sayantan Ghosal & Massimo Morelli, 2002. "Retrading in Market Games," Economics Working Papers 0012, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-955, December.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Saari, Donald G, 1985. "Iterative Price Mechanisms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1117-1131, September.
- Allan M. Feldman, 1973. "Bilateral Trading Processes, Pairwise Optimally, and Pareto Optimality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 463-473. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:bergec:2012_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell Erik Lommerud)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.