Direct Exchange in Linear Economies
Abstract. Considered here is direct exchange of production allowances or input factors. Motivated by practical modelling and compution, we sup- pose every owner or user of such items has a linear technology. The issue then is whether competitive market equilibrium can be reached merely via iterated bilateral barters. This paper provides positive and constructive answers.
|Date of creation:||08 May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Institutt for økonomi, Universitetet i Bergen, Postboks 7802, 5020 Bergen, Norway|
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gintis Herbert, 2006. "The Emergence of a Price System from Decentralized Bilateral Exchange," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Allan M. Feldman, 1973. "Bilateral Trading Processes, Pairwise Optimally, and Pareto Optimality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 463-473.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-68, October.
- Sayantan Ghosal & Massimo Morelli, 2002.
"Retrading in Market Games,"
Economics Working Papers
0012, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-55, December.
- Saari, Donald G, 1985. "Iterative Price Mechanisms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1117-31, September.
- Goldman, Steven M & Starr, Ross M, 1982. "Pairwise, t-Wise, and Pareto Optimalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 593-606, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:bergec:2012_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell Erik Lommerud)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.