The Smiling Face in Marketing Appeals and its Effects on the Customer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Steven P & Stayman, Douglas M, 1992. "Antecedents and Consequences of Attitude toward the Ad: A Meta-analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 34-51, June.
- Mitchell, Andrew A, 1986. "The Effect of Verbal and Visual Components of Advertisements on Brand Attitudes and Attitude toward the Advertisement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 12-24, June.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Batra, Rajeev, 1987. "Assessing the Role of Emotions as Mediators of Consumer Responses to Advertising," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 404-420, December.
- Havlena, William J & Holbrook, Morris B, 1986. "The Varieties of Consumption Experience: Comparing Two Typologies of Emotion in Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 394-404, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trivedi, Rohit H. & Teichert, Thorsten, 2019. "The effect of ad smiles on consumer attitudes and intentions: Influence of model gender and consumer gender," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 197-205.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Teng, Lefa & Laroche, Michel, 2007. "Building and testing models of consumer purchase intention in competitive and multicultural environments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 260-268, March.
- Coulter, Keith S. & Punj, Girish, 1999. "Influence of Viewing Context on the Determinants of Attitude Toward the Ad and the Brand," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 47-58, May.
- M. Mercanti-Guerin, 2008. "Perception d'une annonce créative par le consommateur: construction d'une échelle de mesure et impact sur le processus de persuasion publicitaire," Post-Print hal-02054971, HAL.
- Massara, Francesco & Liu, Sandra S. & Melara, Robert D., 2010. "Adapting to a retail environment: Modeling consumer-environment interactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 673-681, July.
- Tong, Xinjia & Chen, Yuangao & Zhou, Shasha & Yang, Shuiqing, 2022. "How background visual complexity influences purchase intention in live streaming: The mediating role of emotion and the moderating role of gender," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Maria Mercanti-Guérin & Christophe Bezes, 2010. "La créativité publicitaire représente-t-elle un danger pour les marques ?," Post-Print hal-02056938, HAL.
- Malhotra, Naresh K., 2005. "Attitude and affect: new frontiers of research in the 21st century," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 477-482, April.
- Hutter, Katharina & Hoffmann, Stefan, 2014. "Surprise, Surprise. Ambient Media as Promotion Tool for Retailers," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 93-110.
- Huang, Jinsong & Su, Song & Zhou, Liuning & Liu, Xi, 2013. "Attitude Toward the Viral Ad: Expanding Traditional Advertising Models to Interactive Advertising," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 36-46.
- Cauberghe, Verolien & De Pelsmacker, Patrick, 2010. "The Effectiveness of Telescopic Ads Delivered Via Interactive Digital Television: The Impact of the Amount of Information and the Level of Interactivity on Brand Responses," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 297-308.
- Hilke Plassmann & Peter Kenning & Michael Deppe & Harald Kugel & Wolfram Schwindt, 2005. "Neural correlates of the affect heuristic during brand choice," Experimental 0509004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leyla Jaoued-Abassi & Lilia Smaoui, 2007. "Impact de la vitrine du point de vente sur les réactions du consommateur : une étude exploratoire," Post-Print hal-01128169, HAL.
- Teng, Lefa & Ye, Nan & Yu, Ying & Wu, Xiaochuang, 2014. "Effects of culturally verbal and visual congruency/incongruency across cultures in a competitive advertising context," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 288-294.
- Shirai, Miyuri, 2009. "Investigation of emotional responses to an unexpected price," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 2-8.
- Pham, Michel Tuan & Geuens, Maggie & De Pelsmacker, Patrick, 2013. "The influence of ad-evoked feelings on brand evaluations: Empirical generalizations from consumer responses to more than 1000 TV commercials," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 383-394.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yoo, Changjo & MacInnis, Deborah, 2005. "The brand attitude formation process of emotional and informational ads," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1397-1406, October.
- Young Han Bae & Sangkil Moon & Jong Woo Jun & Taewan Kim & Ilyoung Ju, 2018. "The Impact of Consumers’ Attitudes toward a Theme Park: A Focus on Disneyland in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(10), pages 1-13, September.
- Diwanji, Vaibhav S. & Cortese, Juliann, 2020. "Contrasting user generated videos versus brand generated videos in ecommerce," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Garaus, Marion & HudÃ¡kovÃ¡, MelÃ¡nia, 2022. "The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on touristsâ€™ air travel intentions: The role of perceived health risk and trust in the airline," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Jong-Woo Jun & Jun-Hyuk Cho & Ji-Hoon Lee, 2021. "Why Do Koreans Love Ethnic Players in the MLB? A Focus on Ethnic Identity and Player Identification," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(23), pages 1-10, November.
More about this item
Keywordsmarketing appeals; consumer behavior; emotions; joy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhb:hastba:2003_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Helena Lundin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.