To Groupon or Not to Groupon: The Profitability of Deep Discounts
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Edelman & Sonia Jaffe & Scott Duke Kominers, 2016. "To Groupon or not to Groupon: The profitability of deep discounts," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 39-53, March.
- O. Loginova & A. Mantovani, 2015. "Information and Online Reviews," Working Papers wp996, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:fan:mcmcmc:v:html10.3280/mc2017-002006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oksana Loginova & Andrea Mantovani, 2015. "Price Competition in the Presence of a Web Aggregator," Working Papers 1616, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 17 Aug 2016.
- Wu, Chien-Wei & Chiu, Hsien-Hung, 2016. "Price Discrimination Through Group Buying," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 57(1), pages 27-52, June.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:40:y:2018:i:c:p:299-303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ming Hu & Mengze Shi & Jiahua Wu, 2013. "Simultaneous vs. Sequential Group-Buying Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(12), pages 2805-2822, December.
- Francesca Magno & Fabiio Cassia & Marta Ugolini, 2014. "L’efficacia delle campagne di social couponing: uno studio tra i merchant di Groupon," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(3), pages 41-63.
- Liang, Xiaoying & Ma, Lijun & Xie, Lei & Yan, Houmin, 2014. "The informational aspect of the group-buying mechanism," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 331-340.
- Jiahua Wu & Mengze Shi & Ming Hu, 2015. "Threshold Effects in Online Group Buying," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(9), pages 2025-2040, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:579-:d:133311 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:compec:v:53:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10614-017-9736-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Laura Reinhart & Mary Kate Naatus, 2017. "Groupon, m-commerce and mobile apps: Perceptions of small business owners and consumers," Business & Entrepreneurship Journal, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 1-3.
- Amedeo Piolatto, 2015. "Online booking and information: competition and welfare consequences of review aggregators," Working Papers 2015/11, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
More about this item
Keywordsvoucher discounts; Groupon; experience goods; repeat purchase.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hbs:wpaper:11-063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Soebagio Notosoehardjo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/harbsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.