Pricing and hedging contingent claims with liquidity costs and market impact
We study the influence of taking liquidity costs and market impact into account when hedging a contingent claim, first in the discrete time setting, then in continuous time. In the latter case and in a complete market, we derive a fully non-linear pricing partial differential equation, and characterizes its parabolic nature according to the value of a numerical parameter naturally interpreted as a relaxation coefficient for market impact. We then investigate the more challenging case of stochastic volatility models, and prove the parabolicity of the pricing equation in a particular case.
|Date of creation:||19 Mar 2013|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00802402v4|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Umut Çetin & H. Soner & Nizar Touzi, 2010. "Option hedging for small investors under liquidity costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 317-341, September.
- P. Weber & B. Rosenow, 2005. "Order book approach to price impact," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 357-364.
- Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1998.
"On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 67-84.
- E. Platen & M. Schweizer, 1997. "On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,83, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1985. " Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1283-1301, December.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1984. "Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 144, University of California at Berkeley.
- H. Mete Soner & Umut Cetin & Nizar Touzi, 2010. "Option hedging for small investors under liquidity costs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28992, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gregoire Loeper, 2013. "Option pricing with linear market impact and non-linear Black and Scholes equations," Papers 1301.6252, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2016.
- Liu, Hong & Yong, Jiongmin, 2005. "Option pricing with an illiquid underlying asset market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2125-2156, December.
- Umut Çetin & Robert A. Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2008. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 8, pages 153-183 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Umut Çetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2004. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 311-341, 08.
- Frédéric Abergel & Nicolas Millot, 2011. "Nonquadratic Local Risk-Minimization for Hedging Contingent Claims in Incomplete Markets," Post-Print hal-00620843, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00802402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.