Pour une réhabilitation d'une dissonance cognitive ante-décisionnelle
This article provides and tests a measure scale of cognitive dissonance both in ante and post-decisional situations. An experiment was conducted with 264 subjects. A structural model and a multi-group analysis support the existence of a causal chain [inconsistency-emotions-attitude-intention]. Moreover, three major new results are revealed: a dissonance awareness phase is identified; positive emotions are responsible for psychological discomfort and cognitive dissonant is stronger before decision. While most research focuses on post-decision dissonance, this set of findings renews interest in pre-purchase dissonance.
|Date of creation:||09 May 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00693419v2|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cohen, Joel B & Basu, Kunal, 1987. " Alternative Models of Categorization: Toward a Contingent Processing Framework," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 455-472, March.
- Meyers-Levy, Joan & Tybout, Alice M, 1989. " Schema Congruity as a Basis for Product Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 39-54, June.
- Heckler, Susan E & Childers, Terry L, 1992. " The Role of Expectancy and Relevancy in Memory for Verbal and Visual Information: What Is Incongruency?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 475-492, March.
- Richins, Marsha L, 1997. " Measuring Emotions in the Consumption Experience," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 127-146, September.
- Geoffrey N. Soutar & Jillian C. Sweeney, 2003. "Are There Cognitive Dissonance Segments?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 28(3), pages 227-249, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3444 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Bezes, 2010. "Tout ce qui est congruent, est-il similaire ? Propositions de définition du concept de congruence en marketing," Post-Print hal-00573441, HAL.
- Eric Campoy, 2001. "Méthodes d'équations structurelles : recherches et applications en gestion," Post-Print hal-00156181, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00693419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.