Pour une réhabilitation d'une dissonance cognitive ante-décisionnelle
This article provides and tests a measure scale of cognitive dissonance both in ante and post-decisional situations. An experiment was conducted with 264 subjects. A structural model and a multi-group analysis support the existence of a causal chain [inconsistency-emotions-attitude-intention]. Moreover, three major new results are revealed: a dissonance awareness phase is identified; positive emotions are responsible for psychological discomfort and cognitive dissonant is stronger before decision. While most research focuses on post-decision dissonance, this set of findings renews interest in pre-purchase dissonance.
|Date of creation:||09 May 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00693419v2|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geoffrey N. Soutar & Jillian C. Sweeney, 2003. "Are There Cognitive Dissonance Segments?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 28(3), pages 227-249, December.
- Richins, Marsha L, 1997. " Measuring Emotions in the Consumption Experience," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 127-46, September.
- Christophe Bezes, 2010. "Tout ce qui est congruent, est-il similaire ? Propositions de définition du concept de congruence en marketing," Post-Print hal-00573441, HAL.
- Heckler, Susan E & Childers, Terry L, 1992. " The Role of Expectancy and Relevancy in Memory for Verbal and Visual Information: What Is Incongruency?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 475-92, March.
- Cohen, Joel B & Basu, Kunal, 1987. " Alternative Models of Categorization: Toward a Contingent Processing Framework," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 455-72, March.
- Eric Campoy, 2001. "Méthodes d'équations structurelles : recherches et applications en gestion," Post-Print hal-00156181, HAL.
- Meyers-Levy, Joan & Tybout, Alice M, 1989. " Schema Congruity as a Basis for Product Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 39-54, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3444 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00693419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.