Utilisation des critères non financiers pour évaluer ou piloter la performance : analyse théorique
The determinants which explain the use of non-financial measures in order to evaluate or drive the performance belong to disciplinary (contractual) and knowledge-based approaches. The aim of this paper is to propose a theoretical analysis of these explanations. For the disciplinary view, we realize a typology of the existing literature. We show that others theories explain the choice of non-financial measures too. For the knowledge-based view, we propose a synthesis of the existing literature in which the link between non-financial and theoretical explanations exists. Finally, we explain why the Balanced Scorecard can be associated to the disciplinary view and the Intellectual Capital to the knowledge- based view.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2005|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilité Contrôle Audit, Association Francophone de Comptabilité, 2005, 11 (2), pp.109-125|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00481768|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juhani Vaivio, 2004. "Mobilizing local knowledge with 'Provocative' non-financial measures," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 39-71.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Perera, S. & Harrison, G. & Poole, M., 1997. "Customer-focused manufacturing strategy and the use of operations-based non-financial performance measures: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 557-572, August.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F. & Randall, Taylor, 2003. "Performance implications of strategic performance measurement in financial services firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(7-8), pages 715-741.
- Govindarajan, V. & Gupta, Anil K., 1985. "Linking control systems to business unit strategy: impact on performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 51-66, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00481768. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.