The Making of a Constitutionalist: James Buchanan on Education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Boettke & Alain Marciano, 2015. "The past, present and future of Virginia Political Economy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 163(1), pages 53-65, April.
- Philippe Fontaine, 2007.
"From Philanthropy to Altruism: Incorporating Unselfish Behavior into Economics, 1961-1975,"
History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 1-46, Spring.
- Fontaine, Philippe, 2006. "From philanthropy to "altruism": incorporating unselfish behavior into economics, 1961-1975," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58425, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tiago Mata, 2010. "The Enemy Within: Academic Freedom in 1960s and 1970s American Social Sciences," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 42(5), pages 77-104, Supplemen.
- William R. Allen, 2010. "A Life among the Econ, Particularly at UCLA," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 7(3), pages 205-234, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Romaniuc, Rustam, 2017. "Intrinsic motivation in economics: A history," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 56-64.
- Julien Grandjean, 2019. "Gordon Tullock on Majority Voting: the Making of a Conviction," Working Papers of BETA 2019-28, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Viktor J. Vanberg, 2020. "J. M. Buchanan’s contractarian constitutionalism: political economy for democratic society," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 183(3), pages 339-370, June.
- Beatrice Cherrier & Jean-Baptiste Fleury, 2017.
"Economists’ interest in collective decision after World War II: a history,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 172(1), pages 23-44, July.
- Béatrice Cherrier & Jean-Baptiste Fleury, 2017. "Economists’ interest in collective decision after World War II: a history," Post-Print halshs-02735878, HAL.
- Etienne Farvaque & Frédéric Gannon, 2018.
"Profiling giants: the networks and influence of Buchanan and Tullock,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 175(3), pages 277-302, June.
- Etienne Farvaque & Frédéric Gannon, 2018. "Profiling giants: The networks and influence of Buchanan and Tullock," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6urb9g3nsd9, Sciences Po.
- Etienne Farvaque & Frédéric Gannon, 2020. "Profiling giants: The networks and influence of Buchanan and Tullock," Working Papers halshs-02474745, HAL.
- Stefano Dughera & Alain Marciano, 2020. "Altruism, predation and the Samaritan's dilemma," Working Papers hal-02550432, HAL.
- Mario A. Cedrini & Roberto Marchionatti, 2017.
"On the Theoretical and Practical Relevance of the Concept of Gift to the Development of a Non-imperialist Economics,"
Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 633-649, December.
- Cedrini, Mario Aldo & Marchionatti, Roberto, 2013. "On the Theoretical and Practical Relevance of the Concept of Gift to the Development of a Non-Imperialist Economics," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201348, University of Turin.
- Cedrini, Mario & Marchionatti, Roberto, 2013. "On the Theoretical and Practical Relevance of the Concept of Gift to the Development of a Non-Imperialistic Economics," CESMEP Working Papers 201303, University of Turin.
- Marianne Johnson, 2018. "Rules versus authorities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 175(3), pages 219-228, June.
- Arthur Gautier & Anne-Claire Pache, 2015. "Research on Corporate Philanthropy: A Review and Assessment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 343-369, February.
- Cedrini, Mario & Fontana, Magda, 2015.
"Mainstreaming. Reflections on the Origins and Fate of Mainstream Pluralism,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201510, University of Turin.
- Cedrini, Mario & Fontana, Magda, 2015. "Mainstreaming. Reflections on the Origins and Fate of Mainstream Pluralism," CESMEP Working Papers 201501, University of Turin.
- Lee C. Spector & Courtenay C. Stone, 2010. "Suspicious Estimates of Ex Ante Real Interest Rates: Evidence of Macroeconomic Malpractice?," Working Papers 201010, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
More about this item
KeywordsWarren Court; Liberalism; University; Education; Constitutional economics; James Buchanan; Brown vs Board of education; History of Economic Thought; History of Political Economy;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2018-08-20 (Education)
- NEP-HIS-2018-08-20 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2018-08-20 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01835036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.