Report NEP-HIS-2018-08-20This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Neill Marshall & Stuart Dawley & Andy Pike & Jane Pollard & Mike Coombes, 2018. "An Evolutionary Perspective on the British Banking Crisis," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1833, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2018.
- Remi Jedwab & Felix Meier zu Selhausen & Alexander Moradi, 2018. "The Economics of Missionary Expansion: Evidence from Africa and Implications for Development," CSAE Working Paper Series 2018-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Johan Fourie, 2018. "Cliometrics in South Africa," Working Papers 14/2018, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Sascha O. Becker & Irena Grosfeld & Pauline Grosjean & Nico Voigtländer & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2018. "Forced Migration and Human Capital: Evidence from Post-WWII Population Transfers," NBER Working Papers 24704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raphael Franck & Oded Galor, 2018. "Flowers of Evil? Industrialization and Long Run Development," Working Papers 2018-7, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Zhou, Qingtian, 2017. "Food Prices and Cognitive Development in the United States: Evidence from the 1850-1930 Data," Master's Theses and Plan B Papers 261505, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Marco Tabellini, 2018. "Gifts of the Immigrants, Woes of the Natives: Lessons from the Age of Mass Migration," Harvard Business School Working Papers 19-005, Harvard Business School, revised Apr 2019.
- Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, 2018. "Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen, development economist," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 584, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Patrick Meyer & Grégory Ponthière, 2016. "Human Lifetime Entropy in a Historical Perspective (1750-2014)," Working Papers halshs-01409679, HAL.
- Javier Rodríguez Weber, 2018. "Alta desigualdad en América Latina: desde cuándo y por qué," Documentos de trabajo 51, Programa de Historia Económica, FCS, Udelar.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2018. "The Fisher Body Case and Organizational Economics," Working papers 2018-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Baptiste Fleury & Alain Marciano, 2018. "The Making of a Constitutionalist: James Buchanan on Education," Post-Print hal-01835036, HAL.
- Ariell Zimran, 2018. "Sample-Selection Bias and Height Trends in the Nineteenth-Century United States," NBER Working Papers 24815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cook, Adam & Ehrlich, Isaac, 2018. "Was Higher Education a Major Channel through which the US Became an Economic Superpower in the 20th Century?," IZA Discussion Papers 11648, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Abel Brodeur & Joanne Haddad, 2018. "Institutions, Attitudes and LGBT: Evidence from the Gold Rush," Working Papers 1808E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Nicolas Pinsard & Yamina Tadjeddine, 2017. "A l'origine de la financiarisation de la dette publique française : l'édit de Paulette de 1604 et ses conséquences économiques et politiques," Working Papers hal-01512176, HAL.
- Quentin Couix, 2018. "From Methodology to Practice (and Back): Georgescu-Roegen's Philosophy of Economics and the Flow-Fund Model," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01854031, HAL.
- Alabrese, Eleonora & Becker, Sascha O. & Fetzer, Thiemo & Novy, Dennis, 2018. "Who Voted for Brexit? Individual and Regional Data Combined," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1172, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Michela Carlana & Marco Tabellini, 2018. "Happily Ever After: Immigration, Natives’ Marriage, and Fertility," Harvard Business School Working Papers 19-004, Harvard Business School, revised Mar 2019.
- Olivier Gergaud & Morgane Laouenan & Etienne Wasmer, 2017. "A Brief History of Human Time. Exploring a database of " notable people "," Working Papers hal-01440325, HAL.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2018. "History of Rakhine State and the Origin of the Rohingya Muslims," MPRA Paper 88186, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2018.
- Òscar Jordà & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor & Felix Ward, 2018. "Global Financial Cycles and Risk Premiums," NBER Working Papers 24677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svizzero, Serge & Tisdell, Clem, 2017. "The Demise of the Únĕtice Culture due to the Reduced Availability of Natural Resources for Bronze Production (A Draft)," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 262289, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Kota Ogasawara, 2018. "Consumption smoothing in the working-class households of interwar Japan," Papers 1807.05737, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2020.
- Stefania Marcassa & Jérôme Pouyet & Thomas Trégouët, 2018. "Marriage Strategy Among the European Nobility," Working Papers 2018-053, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Bakker, Jan & Maurer, Stephan E & Pischke, Jörn-Steffen & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2018. "Of Mice and Merchants: Trade and Growth in the Iron Age," CEPR Discussion Papers 13060, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alain Marciano & Steve Medema, 2018. "Disciplinary Collisions: Blum, Kalven, and the Economic Analysis of Accident Law at Chicago in the 1960s," Post-Print hal-01836082, HAL.
- Petrović, Dragan & Bukvić, Rajko, 2018. "Contemporary Trends in the Development of Industry in the World and Serbia," MPRA Paper 87793, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2018.
- Pierre Salama, 2016.
[L’Argentine marginalisée]," Working Papers halshs-01413265, HAL.
- Rajshree Agarwal & Serguey Braguinsky & Atsushi Ohyama, 2018. "Centers of Gravity: The Effect of Stable Shared Leadership in Top Management Teams on Firm Growth and Industry Evolution," NBER Working Papers 24742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy Guinnane & Jakob Schneebacher, 2018. "Capital Structure and the Choice of Enterprise Form: theory and history," Working Papers 1061, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Juan Carlos de Pablo, 2018. "Politica economica práctica: 4 episodios ilustrativos," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 642, Universidad del CEMA.
- Richard Pomfret, 2018. "Exploiting a natural resource in a poor country: The good, the bad and the ugly sides of the Kyrgyz Republic’s gold mine," Working Papers 372, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Jacques Rouillard & Jean-François Rouillard, 2018. "Perspective historique sur l’évolution des salaires réels au Québec (1940-2016)," Cahiers de recherche 18-04, Departement d'Economique de l'Ã‰cole de gestion Ã l'UniversitÃ© de Sherbrooke.
- Vértesy, László, 2017. "Constitutional Bases of Public Finances in the Central and Eastern European Countries," MPRA Paper 88185, University Library of Munich, Germany.