What We Know About Wikipedia: A Review of the Literature Analyzing the Project(s)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dirk Lewandowski & Ulrike Spree, 2011. "Ranking of Wikipedia articles in search engines revisited: Fair ranking for reasonable quality?," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(1), pages 117-132, January.
- Ewa S. Callahan & Susan C. Herring, 2011. "Cultural bias in Wikipedia content on famous persons," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(10), pages 1899-1915, October.
- William H. DeLone & Ephraim R. McLean, 1992. "Information Systems Success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 60-95, March.
- Loris Gaio & Alessandro Rossi & Matthijs den Besten & Jean-Michel Dalle, 2009. "Coordination, Division of Labor, and Open Content Communities: Template Messages in Wiki-Based Collections," DISA Working Papers 0903, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Jul 2009.
- Sonali K. Shah, 2006. "Motivation, Governance, and the Viability of Hybrid Forms in Open Source Software Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(7), pages 1000-1014, July.
- Nicolas Jullien & Karine Roudaut & Sandrine Le Squin, 2011.
"L'engagement dans des collectifs de production de connaissance en ligne. Le cas GeoRezo,"
Revue française de socio-Economie,
La découverte, vol. 0(2), pages 59-83.
- Nicolas Jullien & Karine Roudaut & Sandrine Le Squin, 2011. "L'engagement dans des collectifs de production de connaissance en ligne. Le cas GeoRezo," Post-Print hal-00704232, HAL.
- Lee, Sang-Yong Tom & Kim, Hee-Woong & Gupta, Sumeet, 2009. "Measuring open source software success," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 426-438, April.
- Matthijs Den Besten & Jean-Michel Dalle, 2008. "Keep it Simple: A Companion for Simple Wikipedia?," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 169-178.
- Birger Hjørland, 2011. "Evaluation of an information source illustrated by a case study: Effect of screening for breast cancer," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(10), pages 1892-1898, October.
- Xiaoquan (Michael) Zhang & Feng Zhu, 2011. "Group Size and Incentives to Contribute: A Natural Experiment at Chinese Wikipedia," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1601-1615, June.
- Brendan Luyt, 2011. "The nature of historical representation on Wikipedia: Dominant or alterative historiography?," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(6), pages 1058-1065, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trilce Navarrete & Karol J. Borowiecki, 2015.
"Change in access after digitization: Ethnographic collections in Wikipedia,"
ACEI Working Paper Series
AWP-10-2015, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Oct 2015.
- Trilce Navarrete & Karol Jan Borowiecki, 2016. "Changes in Cultural Consumption: Ethnographic Collections in Wikipedia," Trinity Economics Papers tep1716, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsWikipedia; Review of the literature; Open online community;
- L39 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Other
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00857208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.