Back to software "profitable piracy": the role of information diffusion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eric Darmon & Alexandra Rufini & Dominique Torre, 2009. "Back to software "profitable piracy": the role of information diffusion," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 543-553.
- Eric Darmon & Alexandra Rufini & Dominique Torre, 2009. "Back to software "profitable piracy": the role of information diffusion," Post-Print halshs-00481823, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gayer, Amit & Shy, Oz, 2003. "Internet and peer-to-peer distributions in markets for digital products," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 197-203, November.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2006. "Piracy of digital products: A critical review of the theoretical literature," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 449-476, November.
- Oz Shy & Jacques-Françlois Thisse, 1999. "A Strategic Approach to Software Protection," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 163-190, June.
- King, Stephen P. & Lampe, Ryan, 2003. "Network externalities, price discrimination and profitable piracy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 271-290, September.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2006. "Why the music industry may gain from free downloading -- The role of sampling," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 907-913, September.
- Qiu, Larry D., 2006. "A general equilibrium analysis of software development: Implications of copyright protection and contract enforcement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1661-1682, October.
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Hal R. Varian, 2005. "Copying and Copyright," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 121-138, Spring.
- Ramnath K. Chellappa & Shivendu Shivendu, 2005. "Managing Piracy: Pricing and Sampling Strategies for Digital Experience Goods in Vertically Segmented Markets," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(4), pages 400-417, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Darmon & Alexandra Rufini & Dominique Torre, 2014.
"Publisher's Announcements and Piracy-Monitoring Devices in Software Adoption,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 115-116, pages 409-430.
- Eric Darmon & Alexandra Rufini & Dominique Torre, 2014. "Publisher's Announcements and Piracy-Monitoring Devices in Software Adoption," Post-Print halshs-00929792, HAL.
- Éric Darmon & Alexandra RUFINI & Dominique Torre, 2014. "Publisher's announcements and piracy-monitoring devices in software adoption," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201404, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00929792 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alain Herscovici, 2011. "Informação,Conhecimento E Direitos De Propriedade Intelectual: Os Limites Dosmecanismos De Mercado E Das Modalidades De Negociação Privada," Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 131, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
Keywordspiracy; experience goods; delayed adoption; heterogeneous users; signalling;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00599958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .