Fast remote but not extreme quantiles with multiple factors. Applications to Solvency II and Enterprise Risk Management
For operational purposes, in Enterprise Risk Management or in insurance for example, it may be important to estimate remote (but not extreme) quantiles of some function ƒ of some random vector. The call to ƒ may be time- and resource-consuming so that one aims at reducing as much as possible the number of calls to ƒ. In this paper, we propose some ways to address this problem of general interest. We then numerically analyze the performance of the method on insurance and Enterprise Risk Management real-world case studies.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Publication status:||Published in European Actuarial Journal, 2011, 1 (1), pp.131-157|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00517766v2|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurent Devineau & Stéphane Loisel, 2009. "Risk aggregation in Solvency II: How to converge the approaches of the internal models and those of the standard formula?," Post-Print hal-00403662, HAL.
- Michael B. Gordy & Sandeep Juneja, 2010.
"Nested Simulation in Portfolio Risk Measurement,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(10), pages 1833-1848, October.
- Michael B. Gordy & Sandeep Juneja, 2008. "Nested simulation in portfolio risk measurement," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-21, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Arthur Charpentier & Abder Oulidi, 2009. "Estimating allocations for Value-at-Risk portfolio optimization," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 69(3), pages 395-410, July.
- Arthur Charpentier & Abder Oulidi, 2009. "Estimating allocations for Value-at-Risk portfolio optimization," Post-Print halshs-00347250, HAL.
- Laurent Devineau & Stéphane Loisel, 2009. "Construction d'un algorithme d'accélération de la méthode des «simulations dans les simulations» pour le calcul du capital économique Solvabilité II," Post-Print hal-00365363, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00517766. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.