Discrete Walrasian Exchange Process
In an exchange economy, we provide a discrete exchange process, which is Walrasian since the trades are given by the equilibrium allocation of the local equilibrium. We prove that this process attains a Pareto optimal allocation after a finite number of steps and the local equilibrium price then supports the Pareto optimal allocation. Furthermore, along the process, the allocation is feasible and the utility of each consumer is non-decreasing.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00442865|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yves Balasko, 2007. "Out-of-equilibrium price dynamics," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 413-435, December.
- Mertens, J. F., 2003.
"The limit-price mechanism,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(5-6), pages 433-528, July.
- Sean Crockett, 2008. "Learning competitive equilibrium in laboratory exchange economies," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 157-180, January.
- Sean Crockett & Stephen Spear & Shyam Sunder, 1899.
"Learning Competitive Equilibrium,"
GSIA Working Papers
2003-E18, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Smale, Stephen, 1976. "Exchange processes with price adjustment," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 211-226, December.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Orntangar Nguenamadji, 2008.
"On the uniqueness of local equilibria,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
b08102, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Dec 2009.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Orntangar Nguenamadji, 2008. "On the uniqueness of local equilibria," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00349204, HAL.
- CHANDER, Parkash & TULKENS, Henry, 1990. "Exchange processes, the core and competitive allocations," CORE Discussion Papers 1990003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bottazzi, Jean-Marc, 1994. "Accessibility of Pareto optima by Walrasian exchange processes," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 585-603, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00442865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.