Crisis and transformation of corporate governance models in Asia (In French)
The objective of this paper is to present the transformations of corporate governance in Asia\r\nsince the crisis of 1997. The analysis deals with 14 Asian countries during the period of 1997-\r\n2006. The important changes include the development of stocks markets, the new role of\r\nbanks and the rise of institutional investors. There is a incessant increase in the market\r\ncapitalization and the number of listed companies on the stock markets. Banks adjust to the new financial environment through diversification of their activities. The capital structure of listed companies is slowly diluted. The significant increase in the participation of institutional investors suggests a possible convergence to a model characterized by dispersed ownership. However, we will show the variety of ownership structure forms in this region.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex|
Phone: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.75
Fax: +33 (0)184.108.40.206.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2002.
"Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison,"
NBER Working Papers
8711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2004. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 537-600, 04.
- Dyck, Alexander & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 3177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1113-1155, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Park, Cyn-Young, 2008. "Global Financial Turmoil: Impact and Challenges for Asia's Financial Systems," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 18, Asian Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2011-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emmanuel Petit)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.