Estimating multidimensional poverty in a developing country. The case of the “Observatoire de Guinée Maritime » Project (In French)
The aim of this contribution is to present the several steps needed in order to evaluate multidimensional poverty. Based on the capability approach and more precisely on its informational basis, a list of achieved functionings, one offers a measure of multidimensional well-being and evaluates the incidence of the multidimensional poverty, based on data collected within the “Observatoires de la Guinée Maritime” Project..
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex|
Phone: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.75
Fax: +33 (0)184.108.40.206.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BOSSERT, Walter & D’AMBROSIO, Conchita, 2005.
"Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation,"
Cahiers de recherche
11-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- BOSSERT, Walter & D'AMBROSIO, Conchita, 2005. "Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation," Cahiers de recherche 2005-10, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Walter Bossert & Conchita d'Ambrosio, 2005. "Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation," Working Papers 12, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Mozaffar Qizilbash & David Clark, 2005. "The Capability Approach and Fuzzy Poverty Measures: An Application to the South African Context," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 103-139, October.
- Amartya Sen, 2004. "Capabilities, Lists, And Public Reason: Continuing The Conversation," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 77-80.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Poor, Relatively Speaking," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 153-169, July.
- Alkire, Sabina, 2008. "Choosing Dimensions: The Capability Approach and Multidimensional Poverty," MPRA Paper 8862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
- Mathias Kuepie & Christophe Nordman & François Roubaud, 2006. "Education and Labour Market Outcomes in Sub-Saharan West Africa," Working Papers DT/2006/16, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2007-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emmanuel Petit)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.