Estimating multidimensional poverty in a developing country. The case of the “Observatoire de Guinée Maritime » Project (In French)
The aim of this contribution is to present the several steps needed in order to evaluate multidimensional poverty. Based on the capability approach and more precisely on its informational basis, a list of achieved functionings, one offers a measure of multidimensional well-being and evaluates the incidence of the multidimensional poverty, based on data collected within the “Observatoires de la Guinée Maritime” Project..
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.75
Fax: +33 (0)184.108.40.206.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
- Mozaffar Qizilbash & David Clark, 2005. "The Capability Approach and Fuzzy Poverty Measures: An Application to the South African Context," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 103-139, October.
- Walter Bossert & Conchita D’Ambrosio, 2007.
"Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 77-88, January.
- Walter Bossert & Conchita d'Ambrosio, 2005. "Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation," Working Papers 12, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- BOSSERT, Walter & D’AMBROSIO, Conchita, 2005. "Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation," Cahiers de recherche 11-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- BOSSERT, Walter & D'AMBROSIO, Conchita, 2005. "Dynamic Measures of Individual Deprivation," Cahiers de recherche 2005-10, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Poor, Relatively Speaking," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 153-69, July.
- Kuépié, Mathias & Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Roubaud, François, 2006.
"Education and Labour Market Outcomes in Sub-Saharan West Africa,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4353, Paris Dauphine University.
- Mathias Kuepie & Christophe Nordman & François Roubaud, 2006. "Education and Labour Market Outcomes in Sub-Saharan West Africa," Working Papers DT/2006/16, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Alkire, Sabina, 2008. "Choosing Dimensions: The Capability Approach and Multidimensional Poverty," MPRA Paper 8862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amartya Sen, 2004. "Capabilities, Lists, And Public Reason: Continuing The Conversation," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 77-80.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2007-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emmanuel Petit)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.