A criterion for the number of factors in a data-rich environment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Connor, Gregory & Korajczyk, Robert A, 1993. "A Test for the Number of Factors in an Approximate Factor Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1263-1291, September.
- Seung C. Ahn & Alex R. Horenstein, 2013. "Eigenvalue Ratio Test for the Number of Factors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 81(3), pages 1203-1227, May.
- Alexei Onatski, 2009. "Testing Hypotheses About the Number of Factors in Large Factor Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(5), pages 1447-1479, September.
- Amengual, Dante & Watson, Mark W., 2007. "Consistent Estimation of the Number of Dynamic Factors in a Large N and T Panel," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 91-96, January.
- Jörg Breitung & Uta Pigorsch, 2013. "A Canonical Correlation Approach for Selecting the Number of Dynamic Factors," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(1), pages 23-36, February.
- Hallin, Marc & Liska, Roman, 2007. "Determining the Number of Factors in the General Dynamic Factor Model," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 603-617, June.
- Kapetanios, George, 2010. "A Testing Procedure for Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models With Large Datasets," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(3), pages 397-409.
- Onatski, Alexei, 2012. "Asymptotics of the principal components estimator of large factor models with weakly influential factors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 244-258.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacobs, Jan P.A.M. & Otter, Pieter W. & den Reijer, Ard H.J., 2012.
"Information, data dimension and factor structure,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 80-91.
- Jan Jacobs & Pieter Otter & Ard den Reijer, 2007. "Information, data dimension and factor structure," DNB Working Papers 150, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jan P.A.M. Jacobs & Pieter W. Otter & Ard H.J. den Reijer, 2011. "Information, data dimension and factor structure," CAMA Working Papers 2011-15, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Tjeerd M. Boonman & Jan P.A.M. Jacobs & Gerard H. Kuper, 2011. "Why didn't the Global Financial Crisis hit Latin America?," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-63, CIRANO.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2015-04-25 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gro:rugsom:14008-eef. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hanneke Tamling). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.