Should I Go by Bus? The Liberalization of the Long-Distance Bus Industry in France
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Blayac, Thierry & Bougette, Patrice, 2017. "Should I go by bus? The liberalization of the long-distance bus industry in France," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 50-62.
- Thierry Blayac & Patrice Bougette, 2017. "Should I go by bus? The liberalization of the long-distance bus industry in France," Post-Print halshs-01637672, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:inr:wpaper:248291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burghouwt, Guillaume & de Wit, Jaap G., 2015. "In the wake of liberalisation: long-term developments in the EU air transport market," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 104-113.
- Hensher, David A., 2007. "Bus transport: Economics, policy and planning," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-507, January.
- Cattaneo, Mattia & Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2016. "The role of the air transport service in interregional long-distance students’ mobility in Italy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 66-82.
- Thierry Blayac & Patrice Bougette & Christian Montet, 2014.
"How consumer information curtails market power in the funeral industry,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 421-437, June.
- Thierry BLAYAC & Patrice BOUGETTE & Christian MONTET, 2012. "How Consumer Information Curtails Market Power in the Funeral Industry," Working Papers 12-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Apr 2012.
- Patrice Bougette & Thierry Blayac & Christian Montet, 2014. "How Consumer Information Curtails Market Power in the Funeral Industry," Post-Print halshs-00726794, HAL.
- Jonathan Cowie, 2002. "Acquisition, efficiency and scale economies: An analysis of the British bus industry," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 147-157, January.
- Alfred E. Kahn, 1988. "The Economics of Regulation: Principles and Institutions," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262610523, December.
- Nash, C A, 1993. "British Bus Deregulation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(419), pages 1042-1049, July.
- White, Peter & Robbins, Derek, 2012. "Long-term development of express coach services in Britain," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 30-38.
- Knorr, Andreas & Lueg-Arndt, Andreas, 2016. "Intercity bus deregulation in Germany – Intramodal and intermodal effects after two years," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 323-329.
- Aarhaug, Jørgen & Fearnley, Nils, 2016. "Deregulation of the Norwegian long distance express coach market," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-6.
- Alexandersson, Gunnar & Hultén, Staffan & Fearnley, Nils & Longva, Frode, 2010. "Impact of regulation on the performances of long-distance transport services: A comparison of the different approaches in Sweden and Norway," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 212-218.
- repec:inr:wpaper:248290 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fageda, Xavier & Sansano, Sergi, 2018. "Factors influencing prices and frequencies in the interurban bus market: Evidence from Europe," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 266-276.
- Burgdorf, Christian & Eisenkopf, Alexander, 2018. "Effects of road tolls for intercity buses on travel activities and the choice of means of transport in German long-distance passenger transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 92-105.
- Gaggero, Alberto A. & Ogrzewalla, Lukas & Bubalo, Branko, 2019. "Pricing of the long-distance bus service in Europe: The case of Flixbus," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 1-1.
- Dürr, Niklas S. & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2017.
"Patterns of entry and exit in the deregulated German interurban bus industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 196-208.
- Dürr, Niklas S. & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2017. "Patterns of entry and exit in the deregulated German interurban bus industry," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-041, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Beria, Paolo & Bertolin, Alberto, 2019. "Evolving long-distance passenger services. Market concentration, fares and specialisation patterns in Italy," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 77-92.
- Aarhaug, Jørgen & Farstad, Eivind & Fearnley, Nils & Halse, Askill Harkjerr, 2018. "Express coaches: An up-hill battle after liberalization?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 82-91.
- Beria, Paolo & Nistri, Dario & Laurino, Antonio, 2018. "Intercity coach liberalisation in Italy: Fares determinants in an evolving market," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 260-269.
More about this item
KeywordsTransportation services; deregulation; bus industry; Loi Macron; intermodal competition; France;
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2017-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/credcfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.