Local Spillovers, Convexity and the Strategic Substitutes Property in Networks
We provide existence results in a game with local spillovers where the payoff function satisfies both convexity and the strategic substitutes property. We show that there always exists a stable pairwise network in this game, and provide a condition which ensures the existence of pairwise equilibrium networks. Moreover, our existence proof allows us to characterize a pairwise equilibrium of these networks.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 93, chemin des Mouilles - B.P.167 69131 - Ecully cedex|
Phone: 33(0)472 29 30 89
Fax: 33(0)47229 30 90
Web page: http://www.gate.cnrs.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2012.
"Directed Networks with Spillovers,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 14(6), pages 849-878, December.
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2012. "Directed networks with spillovers," Post-Print halshs-00667684, HAL.
- Furusawa, Taiji & Konishi, Hideo, 2007. "Free trade networks," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 310-335, July.
- Taiji Furusawa & Hideo Konishi, 2002. "Free Trade Networks," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 548, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 08 Sep 2003.
- Taiji Furusawa & Hideo Konishi, 2003. "Free Trade Networks," Working Papers 2003.55, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Paul Belleflamme & Francis Bloch, 2004. "Market sharing agreements and collusive networks," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 387-411, 05.
- ELLEFLAMME, Paul & BLOCH, Francis, "undated". "Market sharing agreements and collusive networks," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1711, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul Belleflamme & Francis Bloch, 2004. "Market sharing agreements and collusive networks," Post-Print hal-01505789, HAL.
- Paul Belleflamme & Francis Bloch, 2001. "Market Sharing Agreements and Collusive Networks," Working Papers 443, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Sumit Joshi, 2006. "Unequal connections," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 34(3), pages 319-349, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)