Um Modelo Dinâmico de Macroeconomia Aberta com Metas de Inflação, “Conflito Distributivo” e Equilíbrio na Conta Corrente
The paper discusses the impacts of an inflation target regime on growth, distribution and stability in an open economy from a Post-Keynesian perspective. The model combines a conflicting claims theory of inflation, changes in the rate of capacity utilization and equilibrium in the external sector to show that in the long run monetary policy has a real impact on growth and employment – there exists a trade-off between the inflation rate and the growth rate. A monetary rule that takes into consideration equilibrium in current account is considered. It is shown that this rule can contribute to stability in the long run, to the extent that it hinders the possibility of an explosive growth in the stock of the external debt.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Creation Date corresponds to the year in which the paper was published on the Department of Economics website. The paper may have been written a small number of months before its publication date.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. Prefeito Lothário Meissner, 632 - térreo, Bairro Jardim Botânico, 80210-170 Curitiba - PR|
Web page: http://www.economiaetecnologia.ufpr.br/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000.
"International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes,"
NBER Working Papers
7044, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1999. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," NBER Working Papers 6965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1998. "International Experiences With Different Monetary Policy Regimes," Seminar Papers 648, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Mishkin, F.S., 1998. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," Papers 648, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Michael Sarel, 1996. "Nonlinear Effects of Inflation on Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 199-215, March.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1998.
"Employment versus Wage Adjustment and the US Dollar,"
NBER Working Papers
6749, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2001. "Employment Versus Wage Adjustment And The U.S. Dollar," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 477-489, August.
- José Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1999. "Employment versus Wage Adjustment and the U.S. Dollar," Working Papers 99-07, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1998. "Employment versus wage adjustment and the U.S. dollar," Staff Reports 56, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- David Romer, 2000.
"Keynesian Macroeconomics without the LM Curve,"
NBER Working Papers
7461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Davidson, 1991. "Controversies in Post Keynesian Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 121.
- Marianne Bertrand, 2004.
"From the Invisible Handshake to the Invisible Hand? How Import Competition Changes the Employment Relationship,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(4), pages 723-766, October.
- Marianne Bertrand, 1999. "From the Invisible Handshake to the Invisible Hand? How Import Competition Changes the Employment Relationship," NBER Working Papers 6900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- By Mohsin S. Khan & Abdelhak S. Senhadji, 2001.
"Threshold Effects in the Relationship Between Inflation and Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(1), pages 1.
- Abdelhak S Senhadji & Mohsin S. Khan, 2000. "Threshold Effects in the Relationship Between Inflation and Growth," IMF Working Papers 00/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Giuseppe Fontana & Mark Setterfield, 2009. "Macroeconomics, endogenous money and the contemporary financial crisis: a teaching model," International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1/2), pages 130-147.
- Robert Mundell, 1963. "Inflation and Real Interest," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 280.
- Ana L. Revenga, 1992. "Exporting Jobs?The Impact of Import Competition on Employment and Wages in U. S. Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 255-284.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1977. "Conflict, Inflation and Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 215-39, September.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Mark Setterfield, 2008.
"Inflation targeting and macroeconomic stability in a Post Keynesian economy,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 30(3), pages 435-461, April.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Mark Setterfield, 2007. "Inflation Targeting And Macroeconomic Stability In A Post Keynesian Economy," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 174, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ilan Goldfajn & Sergio R.C. Werlang, 2000.
"The pass-through from depreciation to inflation : a panel study,"
Textos para discussão
423, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ilan Goldfajn & Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa Werlang, 2000. "The Pass-through from Depreciation to Inflation: A Panel Study," Working Papers Series 5, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fup:wpaper:0109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Nakabashi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.