Monitoring Agents With Other Agents
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Groves, Theodore & Ledyard, John O, 1977.
"Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the "Free Rider" Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 783-809, May.
- Theodore Groves & John Ledyard, 1976. "Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the 'Free Rider Problem'," Discussion Papers 144, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Guttman, Joel M, 1978. "Understanding Collective Action: Matching Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 251-255, May.
- Theodore Groves, 1979. "Efficient Collective Choice when Compensation is Possible," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 227-241.
- Anat R. Admati & Motty Perry, 1991. "Joint Projects without Commitment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 259-276.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Guttman, Joel M., 1986. "Matching behavior and collective action : Some experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1988. "Altruism and Time Consistency: The Economics of Fait Accompli," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1165-1182, December.
- L. Hurwicz, 1979. "Outcome Functions Yielding Walrasian and Lindahl Allocations at Nash Equilibrium Points," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 217-225.
- Danziger, Leif & Schnytzer, Adi, 1991. "Implementing the Lindahl voluntary-exchange mechanism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 55-64, April.
- Guttman, Joel M, 1987. "A Non-Cournot Model of Voluntary Collective Action," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(213), pages 1-19, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Conning, 2005. "Monitoring by Peers or by Delegates? Joint Liability Loans and Moral Hazard," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 407, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Martimort, David & Pouyet, Jérôme, 2006. "'Build It or Not': Normative and Positive Theories of Public-Private Partnerships," CEPR Discussion Papers 5610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Javier A. Gutierrez & Carolina Guzmán & Ulpiano J. Jiménez, 2000. "Economía política y finanzas públicas: teoría, evidencia y resultados de laboratorio," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 2(3), pages 104-148, July-dece.
- Seth Carpenter & Loic Sadoulet, 2000. "Risk-Matching in Credit Groups: Evidence from Guatemala," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1310, Econometric Society.
- Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael, 2002.
"Why isn't there more Financial Intermediation in Developing Countries?,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jonathan Conning & Michael Kevane, 2003. "Why isn't there more Financial Intermediation in Developing Countries?," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 214, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2006.
"Mutual Monitoring in Teams: Theory and Experimental Evidence on the Importance of Reciprocity,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0608, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey P. & Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 2006. "Mutual Monitoring in Teams: Theory and Experimental Evidence on the Importance of Reciprocity," IZA Discussion Papers 2106, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Avner Greif, 1997. "On the Social Foundations and Historical Development of Institutions that Facilitate Impersonal Exchange: From the Community Responsibility System to Individual Legal Responsibility in Pre-modern Euro," Working Papers 97016, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Rafael Gomez & Eric Santor, 2003. "Do Peer Group Members Outperform Individual Borrowers? A Test of Peer Group Lending Using Canadian Micro-Credit Data," Staff Working Papers 03-33, Bank of Canada.
- Martimort, David & Pouyet, Jerome, 2008.
"To build or not to build: Normative and positive theories of public-private partnerships,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 393-411, March.
- David Martimort & Jérôme Pouyet, 2008. "To build or not to build: Normative and positive theories of public-private partnerships," Post-Print halshs-00754298, HAL.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Kathleen Segerson, 2007.
"Punishing the Innocent along with the Guilty: The Economics of Individual versus Group Punishment,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 81-106, January.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Kathleen Segerson, 2004. "Punishing the Innocent along with the Guilty: The Economics of Individual versus Group Punishment," Working papers 2004-37, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- DeanS. Karlan, 2007.
"Social connections and group banking,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 52-84, February.
- Dean S. Karlan, 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Working Papers 913, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Karlan, Dean S., 2007. "Social Connections and Group Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dean S. Karlan, 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Working Papers 181, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Sharma, Manohar & Zeller, Manfred, 1996. "Repayment performance in group-based credit programs in Bangladesh," FCND discussion papers 15, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bongini, Paola & Ferri, Giovanni & Tae Soo Kang, 2000. "Financial intermediary distress in the Republic of Korea - Small is beautiful?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2332, The World Bank.
- Eliana La Ferrara, "undated". "Ethnicity and Reciprocity: A model of Credit Transactions in Ghana," Working Papers 193, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Zeller, Manfred, 1996. "Determinants of repayment performance in credit groups," FCND discussion papers 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- M. Kugler & R. Oppes, 2005.
"Collateral and Risk Sharing in group lending: evidence from an urban microcredit program,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200509, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Kugler, Maurice & Oppes, Rossella, 2005. "Collateral and risk sharing in group lending: evidence from an urban microcredit program," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 504, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Park, Albert & Shen, Minggao, 2003.
"Joint liability lending and the rise and fall of China's township and village enterprises,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 497-531, August.
- Albert Park & Minggao Shen, 2001. "Joint Liability Lending and the Rise and Fall of China's Township and Village Enterprises," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 462, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 2005.
"Group-lending: Sequential financing, lender monitoring and joint liability,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 415-439, August.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2003. "Group-lending: Sequential financing, lender monitoring and joint liability," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-10, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Simon Learmount, 2002. "Theorizing Corporate Governance: New Organizational Alternatives," Working Papers wp237, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Huck & Sherrie L. W. Rhine & Philip Bond & Robert M. Townsend, 1999. "Small business finance in two Chicago minority neighborhoods," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 46-62.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2004. "Group-lending with sequential financing, joint liability and social capital," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-23, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Woerz, Julia, 1999. "Group Lending and Its Implications in Credit Markets for Poor People," Transition Economics Series 12, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- David Masclet, 2003. "L'analyse de l'influence de la pression des pairs dans les équipes de travail," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-35, CIRANO.
- V. Pelligra, 2005. "Banking with sentiments. A model of fiduciary interactions in micro-credit programs," Working Paper CRENoS 200503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:michet:89-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .