Child Poverty Measurement: the Case of Afghanistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Booysen, Frikkie & van der Berg, Servaas & Burger, Ronelle & Maltitz, Michael von & Rand, Gideon du, 2008. "Using an Asset Index to Assess Trends in Poverty in Seven Sub-Saharan African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1113-1130, June.
- Roelen, Keetie & Gassmann, Franziska, 2008. "Measuring Child Poverty and Well-Being: a literature review," MPRA Paper 8981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Howard White & Jennifer Leavy & Andrew Masters, 2003.
"Comparative Perspectives on Child Poverty: A review of poverty measures,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 379-396.
- Howard White & Andrew Masters & Jennifer Leavy, 2005. "Comparative Perspectives on Child poverty: a review of poverty measures," Development and Comp Systems 0504017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marlous Milliano & Ilze Plavgo, 2018. "Analysing Multidimensional Child Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa: Findings Using an International Comparative Approach," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 11(3), pages 805-833, June.
- Main, Gill, 2019. "Child poverty and subjective well-being: The impact of children's perceptions of fairness and involvement in intra-household sharing," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 49-58.
- Franziska Gassmann & Melissa Siegel & Michaella Vanore & Jennifer Waidler, 2018. "Unpacking the Relationship between Parental Migration and Child well-Being: Evidence from Moldova and Georgia," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 11(2), pages 423-440, April.
- Jean-Francois Trani & Mario Biggeri & Vincenzo Mauro, 2013. "The Multidimensionality of Child Poverty: Evidence from Afghanistan," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 391-416, June.
- Lucia Ferrone & Marlous de Milliano, 2018. "Multidimensional Child Poverty in three Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 11(3), pages 755-781, June.
- Adel Daoud & Björn Halleröd & Debarati Guha-Sapir, 2016. "What Is the Association between Absolute Child Poverty, Poor Governance, and Natural Disasters? A Global Comparison of Some of the Realities of Climate Change," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Kafle, Kashi & Jolliffe, Dean & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2018.
"Do different types of assets have differential effects on child education? Evidence from Tanzania,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 14-28.
- Kafle,Kashi Ram & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Winter-Nelson,Alex Eugene & Kafle,Kashi Ram & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Winter-Nelson,Alex Eugene, 2017. "Do different types of assets have differential effects on child education ? evidence from Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8071, The World Bank.
- Kafle, Kashi & Jolliffe, Dean & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2017. "Do Different Types of Assets Have Differential Effects on Child Education? Evidence from Tanzania," IZA Discussion Papers 11233, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Emiel L. Eijdenberg & Kathrin Borner, 2017. "The Performance Of Subsistence Entrepreneurs In Tanzania’S Informal Economy," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(01), pages 1-22, March.
- Abebe Shimeles & Mthuli Ncube, 2015.
"The Making of the Middle-Class in Africa: Evidence from DHS Data,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 178-193, February.
- Ncube, Mthuli & Shimeles, Abebe, 2013. "The Making of Middle Class in Africa: Evidence from DHS Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7352, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Janina Isabel Steinert & Lucie Dale Cluver & G. J. Melendez-Torres & Sebastian Vollmer, 2018. "One Size Fits All? The Validity of a Composite Poverty Index Across Urban and Rural Households in South Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 51-72, February.
- Sagarika Dey & Ritumani Haloi, 2019. "Assets, Rural Livelihood Strategies and Welfare Outcomes: A Case Study from South Assam, India," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 62(4), pages 595-620, December.
- Mussa, Richard, 2010. "Poverty and Inequality in Standards of Living in Malawi: Does Religious Affiliation Matter?," MPRA Paper 24438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eva-Maria Egger & Julie Litchfield, 2019.
"Following in their footsteps: an analysis of the impact of successive migration on rural household welfare in Ghana,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 9(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Eva-Maria Egger & Julie Litchfield, 2018. "Following in their footsteps: An analysis of the impact of successive migration on rural household welfare in Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-22, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mónica Pinilla-Roncancio & Sandra García-Jaramillo & Ana Lorena Carrero & Catalina González-Uribe & Amy Ritterbusch, 2020. "Child vs. Household MPIs in Colombia: Do they Identify the Same Children as Multidimensionally Poor?," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 13(3), pages 777-799, June.
- Tobias Lechtenfeld & Asmus Zoch, 2014.
"Income Convergence in South Africa: Fact or Measurement Error?,"
10/2014, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Tobias Lechtenfeld & Asmus Zoch, 2014. "Income Convergence in South Africa: Fact or Measurement Error?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 157, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Chris De Neubourg & Jingqing Chai & Marlous de Milliano & Ilze Plavgo, 2013. "Step-by-Step Guidelines to the Multiple Overlapping Deprivation Analysis (MODA)," Papers inwopa695, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Chaudhuri, Sanjukta, 2009. "The School Going Child Worker: An Analysis of Poverty, Asset Inequality and Child Education in Rural India," MPRA Paper 19687, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schreiner, Mark, 2011. "Estimating Expenditure-Based Poverty from the Bangladesh Demographic and Health Survey," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 34(4), pages 65-94, December.
- Asri, Viola, 2019. "Targeting of social transfers: Are India’s poor older people left behind?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 46-63.
- Valérie Bérenger, 2014. "Using Ordinal Variables to Measure Multidimensional Poverty in Two South Mediterranean Countries," GREDEG Working Papers 2014-49, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
More about this item
KeywordsAfghanistan; Multidimensional poverty measurement; Capability Approach; Children;
All these keywords.
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEM-2012-01-03 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2012-01-03 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2012-01-03 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:frz:wpaper:wp2011_18.rdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giorgio Ricchiuti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/defirit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.