Social learning, selection, and HIV infection: Evidence from Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2010.
"Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 35-69, March.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2005. "Learning about a new technology: pineapple in Ghana," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Working Papers 817, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised May 2004.
- Conley, T.G. & Udry, C.R., 2000. "Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Papers 817, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Kirsten P. Smith & Susan Cotts Watkins, 2005. "Perceptions of Risk and Strategies for Prevention: Responses to HIV/AIDS in Rural Malawi," PGDA Working Papers 0305, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Laura Bernardi, 2002. "Determinants of individual AIDS risk perception: knowledge, behavioural control, and social influence," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2002-029, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Mika Ueyama & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2009.
"Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: evidence from malawi,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Ueyama, Mika & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2008. "Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: Evidence from Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 764, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Smith, Kirsten P. & Watkins, Susan Cotts, 2005. "Perceptions of risk and strategies for prevention: responses to HIV/AIDS in rural Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 649-660, February.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Munshi, Kaivan, 2004. "Social learning in a heterogeneous population: technology diffusion in the Indian Green Revolution," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-213, February.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2005. "Social learning, neighborhood effects, and investment in human capital," FCND briefs 190, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Susan Cotts Watkins, 2004. "Navigating the AIDS Epidemic in Rural Malawi," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 30(4), pages 673-705.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gani Aldashev & Jean-Marie Baland, 2012.
"Awareness and AIDS: A Political Economy Perspective,"
1204, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Gani Aldashev & Jean-Marie Baland, 2015. "Awareness and AIDS :A Political Economy Perspective," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2015-35, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aldashev, Gani & Baland, Jean-Marie, 2012. "Awareness and AIDS: A Political Economy Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 8908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial learning; HIV infection; AIDS (Disease) Africa; Sub-Saharan; siblings;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-01-10 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-10 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2009-01-10 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2009-01-10 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:817. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .