The dynamics of insurance demand under liquidity constraints and insurer default risk:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Armendariz de Aghion, Beatriz, 1999. "On the design of a credit agreement with peer monitoring," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 79-104, October.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Timothy Besley & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1994.
"Thy Neighbor's Keeper: The Design of a Credit Cooperative with Theory and a Test,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 491-515.
- Guinnane, T. & Banerjee, A. & Besley, T., 1993. "Thy Neighbor's Keeper: the Design of a Credit Cooperative with Theory and a Test," Papers 705, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Xavier Giné & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2008.
"Patterns of Rainfall Insurance Participation in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 539-566, October.
- Xavier Giné & Robert M. Townsend & James Vickery, 2007. "Patterns of rainfall insurance participation in rural India," Staff Reports 302, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2007. "Patternsof rainfall insurance participation in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4408, The World Bank.
- Helge Braun & Winfried Koeniger, 2007.
"On the role of market insurance in a dynamic model,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory,
Springer;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 32(1), pages 61-90, June.
- Helge Braun & Winfried Koeniger, 2007. "On the role of market insurance in a dynamic model," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 32(1), pages 61-90, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jensen, Nathaniel & Mude, Andrew & Barrett, Christopher, 2014. "How Basis Risk and Spatiotemporal Adverse Selection Influence Demand for Index Insurance: Evidence from Northern Kenya," MPRA Paper 60452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burren, Daniel, 2013. "Insurance demand and welfare-maximizing risk capital—Some hints for the regulator in the case of exponential preferences and exponential claims," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 551-568.
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance; Agricultural; delayed premium payment; insurance demand; liquidity constraint; insurer default;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2012-06-05 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2012-06-05 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .