Validity of rapid estimates of household wealth and income for health surveys in rural Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hentschel, J. & Lanjouw, P., 1996. "Constructing an Indicator of Consumption for the Analysis of Poverty. Principles and Illustrations with Reference to Ecuador," Papers 127, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.87.9.1409_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Defo, Barthélémy Kuate, 1997. "Effects of socioeconomic disadvantage and women's status on women's health in Cameroon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1023-1042, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nava Ashraf & James Berry & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2010.
"Can Higher Prices Stimulate Product Use? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Zambia,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2383-2413, December.
- Nava Ashraf & James Berry & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2007. "Can Higher Prices Stimulate Product Use? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Zambia," NBER Working Papers 13247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Makoka, Donald, 2009. "Do rural households smooth their consumption? Applying an asset-based approach to the case of Malawi," MPRA Paper 15398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deon Filmer & Kinnon Scott, 2012. "Assessing Asset Indices," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(1), pages 359-392, February.
- Hoda El Enbaby & Rami Galal, 2015. "Inequality of Opportunity in Individuals' Wages and Households' Assets in Egypt," Working Papers 942, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2015.
- Mauro Migotto & Benjamin Davis & Gero Carletto & Kathleen Beegle, 2005.
"Measuring Food Security Using Respondents’ Perception of Food Consumption Adequacy,"
05-10, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Migotto, Mauro & Davis, Benjamin & Carletto, Gero & Beegle, Kathleen, 2006. "Measuring Food Security Using Respondents' Perception of Food Consumption Adequacy," WIDER Working Paper Series 088, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Lapenu, Cécile & Henry, Carla, 2001.
"An operational tool for evaluating poverty outreach of development policies and projects,"
FCND discussion papers
111, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Lapenu, Cécile & Henry, Carla, 2001. "An operational tool for evaluating poverty outreach of development policies and projects," FCND briefs 111, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gutner, Tammi, 1999. "The political economy of Food subsidy reform in Egypt," FCND briefs 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Sender, 2000. "Struggles To Escape Poverty In South Africa: Results From A Purposive Rural Survey," Working Papers 107, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adam Wagstaff & Naoko Watanabe, 2003. "What difference does the choice of SES make in health inequality measurement?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 885-890.
- June Y. T. Po & Jocelyn E. Finlay & Mark B. Brewster & David Canning, 2012. "Estimating Household Permanent Income from Ownership of Physical Assets," PGDA Working Papers 9712, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica Rural conditions. ; Household surveys. ; Income Rural areas Africa. ; Health surveys. ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:fcnddp:72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.