The family farm in a globalizing world: the role of crop science in alleviating poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lockheed, Marlaine E & Jamison, Dean T & Lau, Lawrence J, 1987. "Farmer Education and Farm Efficiency: Reply," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(3), pages 643-644, April.
- Maurice Schiff & Alberto Valdes, 1994. "The Plundering of Agriculture in Developing Countries," Reports _013, World Bank Latin America and the Caribean Region Department.
- Alston, Julian M. & Wyatt, T. J. & Pardey, Philip G. & Marra, Michele C. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2000. "A meta-analysis of rates of return to agricultural R & D: ex pede Herculem?," Research reports 113, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenngen & Hazell, Peter & Haque, T., 2000. "Targeting public investments by agro-ecological zone to achieve growth and poverty alleviation goals in rural India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 411-428, August.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657, Elsevier.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995.
"Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772,
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2000. "Growth and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments," EPTD discussion papers 66, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beyene, Fekadu & Muche, Mequanent, 2010. "Determinants of Food Security among Rural Households of Central Ethiopia: An Empirical Analysis," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 49(4), pages 1-20.
- Klasen, Stephan & Meyer, Katrin M. & Dislich, Claudia & Euler, Michael & Faust, Heiko & Gatto, Marcel & Hettig, Elisabeth & Melati, Dian N. & Jaya, I. Nengah Surati & Otten, Fenna & Pérez-Cruzado, Cés, 2016.
"Economic and ecological trade-offs of agricultural specialization at different spatial scales,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 111-120.
- Stephan Klasen & Katrin M. Meyer & Claudia Dislich & Michael Euler & Heiko Faust & Marcel Gatto & Elisabeth Hettig & Dian N. Melati & I. Nengah Surati Jaya & Fenna Otten & César Perez & Stefanie Stein, 2015. "Economic and ecological trade-offs of agricultural specialization at different spatial scales," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 178, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Rodriguez, Elisa Botella, 2015. "Outward-looking development in Costa Rica: opportunities and problems for small farmers in the early 2000s," Revista Espanola de Estudios Agrosociales y Pesqueros, Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Rural y Marino (formerly Ministry of Agriculture), issue 242.
- Sukhpal Singh, 2013. "Governance and upgrading in export grape global production networks in India," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-33, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Hussein, K. & Suttie, D., 2016. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 5 - Rural-urban linkages and food systems in sub-Saharan Africa: the rural dimension," IFAD Research Series 280043, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Alejandro Guarín, 2013. "The Value of Domestic Supply Chains: Producers, Wholesalers, and Urban Consumers in Colombia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(5), pages 511-530, September.
- Sofia Naranjo, 2012. "Enabling food sovereignty and a prosperous future for peasants by understanding the factors that marginalise peasants and lead to poverty and hunger," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(2), pages 231-246, June.
- Birner, Regina & Palaniswamy, Nethra, 2006. "Financing Agricultural Development: The Political Economy of Public Spending on Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 4, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Haggblade, Steven, 2007. "Returns to Investment in Agriculture," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54625, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ruerd Ruben & Kees Burger, 2007. "Contributions of agricultural economics to critical policy issues: selected papers presented at the XXVI IAAE conference," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2‐3), pages 127-132, September.
- Suttie, D. & Benfica, R., 2016. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 3 - Fostering inclusive outcomes in sub-Saharan African agriculture: improving agricultural productivity and expanding agribusiness opportunities," IFAD Research Series 280040, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Chris Funk & Molly Brown, 2009. "Declining global per capita agricultural production and warming oceans threaten food security," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 1(3), pages 271-289, September.
- Arindam Samaddar & Prabir Das, 2008. "Changes in transition: technology adoption and rice farming in two Indian villages," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(4), pages 541-553, December.
- Andersson Djurfeldt, Agnes, 2013. "African Re-Agrarianization? Accumulation or Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 217-231.
- repec:bla:asiaps:v:5:y:2018:i:3:p:583-598 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGlobalization; Poverty alleviation Developing countries; Rural poor; Agricultural productivity; Agricultural technology; Small farmers; Crop science;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:2020dp:40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.