Network diseconomies and optimal structure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Stephen, 1993. "Endogenous Firm Efficiency in a Cournot Principal-Agent Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 445-450, April.
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1985. "Standardization, Compatibility, and Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 70-83, Spring.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1987.
"Bargaining and Influence Costs and the Organization of Economic Activity,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt32s7d4jv, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Paul Milgrom and John Roberts., 1987. "Bargaining and Influence Costs and the Organization of Economic Activity," Economics Working Papers 8731, University of California at Berkeley.
- William R. Emmons, 1993. "Increased risk-taking versus local economic conditions as causes of bank failures," Proceedings 408, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Nicholas Economides, 1995. "The Economics of Networks," Working Papers 94-24, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1995.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997. "The Economics of Networks," Industrial Organization 9701002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Jackson, William E, III, 1992. "Is the Market Well Defined in Bank Merger and Acquisition Analysis?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 655-661, November.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1996. "Natural oligopoly and customer networks in intermediated markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 101-118.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Calem, Paul S. & Carlino, Gerald A., 1991. "Urban agglomeration economies in the presence of technical change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 82-95, January.
- Barnett, William A & Lee, Yul W, 1985. "The Global Properties of the Miniflex Laurent, Generalized Leontief, and Translog Flexible Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1421-1437, November.
- Trond E. Olsen, 1996. "Agency Costs and the Limits of Integration," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(3), pages 479-501, Autumn.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992.
"Measurement and Efficiency Issues in Commercial Banking,"
NBER Chapters, in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 245-300,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David B. Humphrey & Allen N. Berger, 1990. "Measurement and efficiency issues in commercial banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 151, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), revised 1990.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987.
"Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Gerald A. Hanweck & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1986. "Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hancock, Diana, 1985. "The Financial Firm: Production with Monetary and Nonmonetary Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 859-880, October.
- Gilligan, Thomas & Smirlock, Michael & Marshall, William, 1984. "Scale and scope economies in the multi-product banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 393-405, May.
- Broecker, Thorsten, 1990. "Credit-Worthiness Tests and Interbank Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 429-452, March.
- Ronald L. Moomaw, 1988. "Agglomeration Economies: Localization or Urbanization?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 25(2), pages 150-161, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992. "Megamergers in banking and the use of cost efficiency as an antitrust defense," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 203, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), revised 1992.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "Using Least Squares to Approximate Unknown Regression Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 149-170, February.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1990. "Does correcting for heteroscedasticity help?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 351-356, December.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1988.
"A revenue-restricted cost study of 100 large banks,"
8806, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1992. "A revenue-restricted cost study of 100 large banks," Working Papers 92-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 1992.
- Leonard I. Nakamura, 1993. "Loan screening within and outside of customer relationships," Working Papers 93-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 1993.
- G. S. Maddala, 1987. "Limited Dependent Variable Models Using Panel Data," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(3), pages 307-338.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & McManus, Douglas, 1993. "Resolving the scale efficiency puzzle in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 389-405, April.
- David B. Humphrey, 1990. "Why do estimates of bank scale economies differ?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue sep, pages 38-50.
- Kim, Moshe & Ben-Zion, Uri, 1989. "The Structure of Technology in a Multioutput Branch Banking Firm," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(4), pages 489-496, October.
- William Roberds & James J. McAndrews, 1997. "A model of check exchange," Working Papers 97-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 1997.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
- Sealey, Calvin W, Jr & Lindley, James T, 1977. "Inputs, Outputs, and a Theory of Production and Cost at Depository Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1251-1266, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomies of scale; Theory of the firm; Bank mergers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:97-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.