Crime, house prices, and inequality: the effect of UPPs in Rio
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2006. "Cash Transfer Programmes in Brazil: Impacts on Inequality and Poverty," Working Papers 21, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Timothy Besley & Hannes Mueller, 2012.
"Estimating the Peace Dividend: The Impact of Violence on House Prices in Northern Ireland,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 810-833, April.
- Timothy Besley & Hannes Mueller, 2009. "Estimating the Peace Dividend:The Impact of Violence on HousePrices in Northern Ireland," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 011, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Tim Besley & Hannes Mueller, 2009. "Estimating the peace dividend: the impact of violence on house prices in Northern Ireland," IFS Working Papers W09/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Besley, Timothy & Mueller, Hannes, 2009. "Estimating the peace dividend: the impact of violence on house prices in Northern Ireland," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25427, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mario J. Rizzo, 1979. "The Effect of Crime on Residential Rents and Property Values," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 23(1), pages 16-21, March.
- Leigh Linden & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2008. "Estimates of the Impact of Crime Risk on Property Values from Megan's Laws," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1103-1127, June.
- Bruce L. Benson & Simon W. Bowmaker, 2005. "Economics of crime," Chapters,in: Economics Uncut, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ijurrs:v:40:y:2016:i:3:p:621-639 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taggert J. Brooks & Brad R. Humphreys & Adam Nowak, 2016. "Strip Clubs, â€œSecondary Effects,â€ and Residential Property Prices," Working Papers 16-17, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
More about this item
Keywordswealth distribution; amenity value; real estate;
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2012-03-21 (Central & South America)
- NEP-URE-2012-03-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednsr:542. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .