Fixing Swiss potholes: the importance of improvements
This note sheds new light on the dynamic properties of maintenance and repair and examines the behavior of an additional form of capital spending-that of improvements. The analysis examines a unique long-run data set on Swiss road spending.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Economic Letters, June 2003, 79(3), pp. 409-15|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.stlouisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peeters, Marga & Ghijsen, Paul, 1995.
"Capital, Labour, Materials and Additional R&D Investment in Japan. The Issue of (Double-) Counting,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1995009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Marga PEETERS & Paul GHIJSEN, 2000. "Capital, Labour, Materials and Additional R&D Investment in Japan - The Issue of Double-Counting," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 58, pages 165-184.
- Ambler, Steve & Paquet, Alain, 1994. "Stochastic Depreciation and the Business Cycle," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 101-16, February.
- Ellen R. McGrattan & James A. Schmitz, Jr., 1999. "Maintenance and repair: too big to ignore," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 2-13.
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 1990.
"Labor Hoarding and the Business Cycle,"
NBER Working Papers
3556, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Omar LICANDRO & Luis A. PUCH, 2000. "Capital Utilization, Maintenance Costs and the Business Cycle," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 58, pages 143-164.
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 1995.
"Sectoral Solow Residuals,"
NBER Working Papers
5286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G. & Rebelo, Sergio T., 1999.
"Resuscitating real business cycles,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 927-1007
- Robert G. King & Sergio T. Rebelo, 2000. "Resuscitating Real Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 7534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Sergio T. Rebelo, 2000. "Resuscitating Real Business Cycles," RCER Working Papers 467, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Steve Ambler & Alain Paquet, 1992. "Stochastic Depreciation and the Business Cycle Puzzle," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 8, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Collard, Fabrice & Kollintzas, Tryphon, 2000. "Maintenance, Utilization, and Depreciation along the Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 2477, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:2001-025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.