Preventing Bank Runs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Andolfatto, David & Nosal, Ed & Wallace, Neil, 2007.
"The role of independence in the Green-Lin Diamond-Dybvig model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 709-715, November.
- Ed Nosal & Neil Wallace & David Andolfatto, 2006. "The role of independence in the Green-Lin Diamond-Dybvig model," Working Papers (Old Series) 0615, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2006.
- Green, Edward J. & Lin, Ping, 2003.
"Implementing efficient allocations in a model of financial intermediation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Edward J. Green, 1995. "Implementing Efficient Allocations in a Model of Financial Intermediation," Meeting papers 9506001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward J. Green & Ping Lin, 1996. "Implementing efficient allocations in a model of financial intermediation," Working Papers 576, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1996.
- Edward J. Green & Ping Lin, 1996. "Implementing the efficient allocation in a model of financial intermediation," Finance 9610006, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Oct 1996.
- Salih N. Neftci & Andre O Santos, 2003. "Puttable and Extendible Bonds; Developing Interest Rate Derivatives for Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 03/201, International Monetary Fund.
- R. de O. Cavalcanti & P. K. Monteiro, 2016.
"Enriching information to prevent bank runs,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 62(3), pages 477-494, August.
- Cavalcanti, Ricardo de Oliveira & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 2011. "Enriching information to prevent bank runs," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 721, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Russell Cooper & Thomas W. Ross, 2002. "Bank Runs: Deposit Insurance and Capital Requirements," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 55-72, February.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2009.
"Bank Runs and Institutions: The Perils of Intervention,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1588-1607, September.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2007. "Bank runs and institutions : the perils of intervention," Working Paper 07-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, revised 2007.
- Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd, 2009. "Run equilibria in the Green-Lin model of financial intermediation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(5), pages 1996-2020, September.
- Philip H. Dybvig & Douglas W. Diamond, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue win, pages 14-23.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Stefan Reichelstein, 1990. "Implementation via Augmented Revelation Mechanisms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 453-475.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 277-283, June.
- Ma, Ching-to & Moore, John & Turnbull, Stephen, 1988. "Stopping agents from "cheating"," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 355-372, December.
- Demski, Joel S. & Sappington, David, 1984. "Optimal incentive contracts with multiple agents," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 152-171, June.
- James Peck & Karl Shell, 2003. "Bank Portfolio Restrictions and Equilibrium Bank Runs," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000077, UCLA Department of Economics.
- James Peck & Karl Shell, 2003. "Equilibrium Bank Runs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 103-123, February.
- Postlewaite, Andrew & Schmeidler, David, 1986. "Implementation in differential information economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 14-33, June.
- Bryant, John, 1980. "A model of reserves, bank runs, and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-344, December.
- Neil Wallace, 1990. "A banking model in which partial suspension is best," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 14(Fall), pages 11-23.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Andolfatto & Ed Nosal, 2017. "Bank Panics and Scale Economies," Working Papers 2017-9, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- David Andolfatto & Ed Nosal, 2018. "Bank runs without sequential service," Working Papers 2018-16, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Huberto Ennis & Todd Keister, 2016.
"Optimal banking contracts and financial fragility,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 61(2), pages 335-363, February.
- Todd Keister & Huberto Ennis, 2012. "Optimal banking contracts and financial fragility," 2012 Meeting Papers 179, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2015. "Optimal Banking Contracts and Financial Fragility," Working Paper 15-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, revised 20 Jul 2015.
- Li, Yang, 2017. "Interest rates and financial fragility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 195-205.
- Sultanum, Bruno, 2018.
"Financial fragility and over-the-counter markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 616-658.
- Bruno Sultanum, 2014. "Financial fragility and over-the-counter markets," 2014 Papers psu420, Job Market Papers.
- Bruno Sultanum, 2016. "Financial Fragility and Over-the-Counter Markets," Working Paper 16-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, revised 13 Apr 2016.
- Bruno Sultanum, 2017. "Financial Fragility and Over-the-counter Markets," 2017 Meeting Papers 1122, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Zhen Zhou & Deepal Basak, 2015. "Diffusing Coordination Risk," 2015 Meeting Papers 1350, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Markus Kinateder & Hubert Janos Kiss & Agnes Pinter, 2015. "Would depositors like to show others that they do not withdraw? Theory and Experiment," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1553, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Natalia V. Koshel, 2018. "More than Supervision: Identifying Opportunistic Bank Behavior through Marketing Tools," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special 2), pages 144-157.
- Bucher, Monika & Dietrich, Diemo & Tvede, Mich, 2018. "Coordination failures, bank runs and asset prices," Discussion Papers 39/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Fernando Martin & Aleksander Berentsen & David Andolfatto, 2016. "Financial Fragility in Monetary Economies," 2016 Meeting Papers 1626, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Simas Kucinskas, 2015. "Liquidity Creation without Banks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-101/VI, Tinbergen Institute.
- Simas Kucinskas, 2015. "Liquidity creation without banks," DNB Working Papers 482, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Roberto Robatto, 2015. "Financial Crises and Systemic Bank Runs in a Dynamic Model of Banking," 2015 Meeting Papers 483, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kučinskas, Simas, 2019. "Aggregate risk and efficiency of mutual funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 1-11.
More about this item
KeywordsBank runs; optimal deposit contract; financial fragility;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-01-14 (Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2015-01-14 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhwp:wp-2014-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.