Inflation Expectations and the News
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 2000.
"Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(1), pages 147-180.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "Monetary policy rules and macroeconomic stability: Evidence and some theory," Economics Working Papers 350, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 1999.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 1908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," NBER Working Papers 6442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, R. & Gali, J. & Gertler, M., 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and some Theory," Working Papers 98-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Matthias Fleckenstein & Francis A. Longstaff & Hanno Lustig, 2010.
"Why Does the Treasury Issue Tips? The Tips-Treasury Bond Puzzle,"
NBER Working Papers
16358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanno Lustig, 2011. "Why Does the Treasury Issue TIPS? The TIPS-Treasury Bond Puzzle," 2011 Meeting Papers 1443, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Beechey, Meredith J. & Wright, Jonathan H., 2009.
"The high-frequency impact of news on long-term yields and forward rates: Is it real?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 535-544, May.
- Meredith J. Beechey & Jonathan H. Wright, 2008. "The high-frequency impact of news on long-term yields and forward rates: Is it real?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joseph Haubrich & George Pennacchi & Peter Ritchken, 2012.
"Inflation Expectations, Real Rates, and Risk Premia: Evidence from Inflation Swaps,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, pages 1588-1629.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & George Pennacchi & Peter H. Ritchken, 2011. "Inflation expectations, real rates, and risk premia: evidence from inflation swaps," Working Paper 1107, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Florian Bardong & Thorsten Lehnert, 2008. "TIPS and inflation expectations," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 513-517.
- Refet S. Gürkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005. "The Sensitivity of Long-Term Interest Rates to Economic News: Evidence and Implications for Macroeconomic Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 425-436, March.
- Nicholas Taylor, 2010. "The Determinants of Future U.S. Monetary Policy: High-Frequency Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(2-3), pages 399-420, March.
- Jens H. E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2010.
"Inflation Expectations and Risk Premiums in an Arbitrage-Free Model of Nominal and Real Bond Yields,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 143-178, September.
- Jens H. E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2009. "Inflation expectations and risk premiums in an arbitrage-free model of nominal and real bond yields," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Jens H. E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2008. "Inflation expectations and risk premiums in an arbitrage-free model of nominal and real bond yields," Working Paper Series 2008-34, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Wallace, Myles S & Warner, John T, 1993. "The Fisher Effect and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: Tests of Cointegration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 320-324, May.
- Harvey, Campbell R., 1989. "Time-varying conditional covariances in tests of asset pricing models," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 289-317.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael D. Bauer, 2015. "Nominal Interest Rates and the News," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(2-3), pages 295-332, March.
- Refet S. Gürkaynak & Jonathan H. Wright, 2013. "Identification and Inference Using Event Studies," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 81, pages 48-65, September.
- Speck, Christian, 2016. "Inflation Anchoring in the Euro Area," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145697, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Pavel Gertler & Roman Horvath, 2017. "Market Reading of Central Bankers Words. A High-Frequency Evidence," Working and Discussion Papers WP 2/2017, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Speck, Christian, 2016. "Inflation anchoring in the euro area," Discussion Papers 04/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Giannone, Domenico & Modugno, Michele, 2017.
"Low frequency effects of macroeconomic news on government bond yields,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 31-46.
- Carlo Altavilla & Domenico Giannone & Michèle Modugno, 2014. "Low Frequency Effects of Macroeconomic News on Government Bond Yields," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-34, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Giannone, Domenico & Modugno, Michele, 2014. "Low Frequency Effects of Macroeconomic News on Government Bond Yields," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carlo Altavilla & Domenico Giannone & Michele Modugno, 2014. "Low Frequency Effects of Macroeconomic News on Government Bond Yields," CSEF Working Papers 372, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2016. "Forecast Disagreement and the Inflation Outlook: New International Evidence," IMES Discussion Paper Series 16-E-03, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Hachula, Michael & Nautz, Dieter, 2017. "The dynamic impact of macroeconomic news on long-term inflation expectations," Discussion Papers 2017/12, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Siklos, Pierre, 2017.
"What Has Publishing Inflation Forecasts Accomplished? Central Banks And Their Competitors,"
LCERPA Working Papers
0098, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Apr 2017.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2017. "What has publishing inflation forecasts accomplished? Central banks and their competitors," CAMA Working Papers 2017-33, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Nautz, Dieter & Netsunajew, Aleksei & Strohsal, Till, 2017. "The Anchoring of Inflation Expectations in the Short and in the Long Run," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168075, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Liu, Zhuoshi & Vangelista, Elisabetta & Kaminska, Iryna & Relleen, Jon, 2015. "The informational content of market-based measures of inflation expectations derived from govenment bonds and inflation swaps in the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 551, Bank of England.
- Petra Gerlach-Kristen & Richhild Moessner & Rina Rosenblatt-Wisch, 2017. "Computing long‐term market inflation expectations for countries without inflation expectation markets," Working Papers 2017-09, Swiss National Bank.
- Zhang, Ji, 2016. "Macroeconomic news and the real interest rates at the zero lower bound," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 172-185.
More about this item
Keywordsinflation expectations; macroeconomic news; inflation compensation; TIPS; inflation swaps; survey expectations;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2014-04-18 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2014-04-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-04-18 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfwp:2014-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .