Seasonal adjustment of state and metro ces jobs data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghysels,Eric & Osborn,Denise R., 2001. "The Econometric Analysis of Seasonal Time Series," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521565882, December.
- Franklin D. Berger & Keith R. Phillips, 1994. "The disappearing January blip and other state employment mysteries," Working Papers 9403, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Jeffrey A. Groen, 2011. "Seasonal Differences in Employment between Survey and Administrative Data," Working Papers 443, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Franklin D. Berger & Keith R. Phillips, 1994. "Solving the mystery of the disappearing January blip in state employment data," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q II, pages 53-62.
- Raveh, Adi & Tapiero, Charles S., 1980. "Finding common seasonal patterns among time series : An MDS approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 353-363, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Phillips, Keith R. & Teng, Judy S., 2020. "Months for benchmark dominance: A new accuracy measure for state employment data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Christoffersen, Peter & Ghysels, Eric & Swanson, Norman R., 2002.
"Let's get "real" about using economic data,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-360, August.
- Peter Christoffersen & Eric Ghysels & Norman R. Swanson, "undated". "Let's Get "Real" about Using Economic Data," EPRU Working Paper Series 01-15, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Peter Christoffersen & Eric Ghysels & Norman Swanson, 2000. "Let's Get "Real" About Using Economic Data," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1004, Econometric Society.
- Peter Christoffersen & Eric Ghysels & Norman R. Swanson, 2001. "Let's Get "Real"" about Using Economic Data"," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-44, CIRANO.
- Xilong Chen & Eric Ghysels, 2011. "News--Good or Bad--and Its Impact on Volatility Predictions over Multiple Horizons," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(1), pages 46-81, October.
- Franses, Philip Hans, 2013. "Data revisions and periodic properties of macroeconomic data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 139-141.
- Chambers, Marcus J. & Ercolani, Joanne S. & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2014.
"Testing for seasonal unit roots by frequency domain regression,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P2), pages 243-258.
- Marcus J. Chambers & Joanne S. Ercolani & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2010. "Testing for seasonal unit roots by frequency domain regression," Discussion Papers 10/02, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- , 2019.
"Predicting Benchmarked US State Employment Data in Realtime,"
Working Paper Series
WP 2019-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- , 2019. "Predicting Benchmarked US State Employment Data in Real Time," Working Papers 2019-037, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2013.
"Museum and monument attendance and tourism flow: a time series analysis approach,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3473-3482, August.
- Cellini, Roberto & Cuccia, Tiziana, 2009. "Museum and monument attendance and tourism flow: A time series analysis approach," MPRA Paper 18908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacek Kotlowski, 2005. "Money and prices in the Polish economy. Seasonal cointegration approach," Working Papers 20, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- del Barrio Castro, Tomás & Hecq, Alain, 2016.
"Testing for deterministic seasonality in mixed-frequency VARs,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 20-24.
- Tomás del Barrio Castro & Alain Hecq, 2016. "Testing for Deterministic Seasonality in Mixed-Frequency VARs," DEA Working Papers 76, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Curry, Bruce, 2007. "Neural networks and seasonality: Some technical considerations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(1), pages 267-274, May.
- Altansukh, Gantungalag & Becker, Ralf & Bratsiotis, George & Osborn, Denise R., 2017.
"What is the globalisation of inflation?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 1-27.
- Gantungalag Altansukha & Ralf Becker & George Bratsiotis & Denise R. Osborn, 2016. "What is the Globalisation of Inflation? ," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 224, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Constantin ANGHELACHE & Alexandru MANOLE & Mădălina Gabriela ANGHEL, 2016. "The major economic evolution of Romania by the middle of 2016," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(4(609), W), pages 165-182, Winter.
- Politis, Dimitris, 2016. "HEGY test under seasonal heterogeneity," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2q4054kf, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Nahata, Babu & Izyumov, Alexei & Busygin, Vladimir & Mishura, Anna, 2007.
"Application of Ramsey model in transition economy: A Russian case study,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 105-125, January.
- Babu Nahata & Alexei Izyumov & Vladimir Busygin & Anna Mishura, 2003. "An application of Ramsey model in transition economy: a Russian case study," General Economics and Teaching 0307003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmut Lütkepohl, 2013. "Vector autoregressive models," Chapters, in: Nigar Hashimzade & Michael A. Thornton (ed.),Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Macroeconomics, chapter 6, pages 139-164, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy & Giulietti, Monica, 2005.
"Testing for seasonal unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 229-235, February.
- Jesus Otero & Jeremy Smith, 2004. "Testing for seasonal unit roots in heterogeneous panels," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 21, Econometric Society.
- Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy & Giulietti, Monica, 2004. "Testing for seasonal unit roots in heterogeneous panels," Economic Research Papers 269589, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy & Giulietti, Monica, 2004. "Testing for Seasonal Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 695, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Haldrup, Niels & Hylleberg, Svend & Pons, Gabriel & Sanso, Andreu, 2007.
"Common Periodic Correlation Features and the Interaction of Stocks and Flows in Daily Airport Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 21-32, January.
- Niels Haldrup & Svend Hylleberg & Gabriel Pons & Jaume Rosselló & Andreu Sansó, 2005. "Common Periodic Correlation Features and the Interaction of Stocks and Flows in Daily Airport Data," Economics Working Papers 2005-03, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Yorghos Tripodis & Jeremy Penzer, 2009. "Modelling time series with season-dependent autocorrelation structure," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 559-574.
- Alexander Vosseler & Enzo Weber, 2017. "Bayesian analysis of periodic unit roots in the presence of a break," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(38), pages 3841-3862, August.
- Mario G.R. Pagliacci & Constantin Anghelache & Alexandru Manole & Madalina Gabriela Anghel, 2016. "The Econometric Model for the Economic and Financial Analysis of Romanian International Trade," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 64(3), pages 53-66, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrent Employment Statistics; Seasonal Adjustment; Hybrid Time Series;
All these keywords.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2015-10-17 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddwp:1505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.