Why did democracy become the preferred political regime only in the twentieth century?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser, 2014. "Growth and distribution: a revised classical model," Textos para discussão 372, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Acemoglu,Daron & Robinson,James A., 2009. "Economic Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671422, April.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2009-01-03 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HIS-2009-01-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fgv:eesptd:149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da FGV/EPGE). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eegvfbr.html .