Greenhouse Gas Policy Questions and Socio-economic Research Implications for Finland in a National and International Context
This publication contains the proceedings of a VATT seminar held in November 1999 in Helsinki. The purpose of the seminar was to assess greenhouse gas policy questions and related socio-economic research implications for Finland. Contributions come from both policy makers and economic researchers, including contributions from Germany and the Netherlands. Issues dealt with are: permit trade, sinks, macro-economic costs and technology development, spatial-economic aspects, long term studies on sustainable economic development, and assessment of policy mixes. The introduction provides a summary of the presentations and the discussion.
|Date of creation:||04 Jul 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arkadiankatu 7, P.O. Box 1279, FI-00101 Helsinki|
Phone: +358 295 519 400
Fax: +358 295 519 599
Web page: http://www.vatt.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vivek Tulpule & Stephen Brown & Jaekyu Lim & Cain Polidano & Horn Pant & Brian S. Fisher, 1999. "The Kyoto Protocol: An Economic Analysis Using GTEM," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 257-285.
- Hinterberger, Friedrich & Luks, Fred & Schmidt-Bleek, Friedrich, 1997. "Material flows vs. 'natural capital': What makes an economy sustainable?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-14, October.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Goulder, L.H., 1996. "Optimal environmental taxation in the presence of other taxes : General equilibrium analyses," Other publications TiSEM 5d4b7517-c5c8-4ef6-ab76-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Peter J. Wilcoxen, 1999. "Permit Trading Under the Kyoto Protocol and Beyond," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 9902, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Kemfert, Claudia & Welsch, Heinz, 2000. "Energy-Capital-Labor Substitution and the Economic Effects of CO2 Abatement: Evidence for Germany," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 641-660, November.
- Dowlatabadi, Hadi, 1995. "Integrated assessment models of climate change : An incomplete overview," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 289-296.
- Kemfert, Claudia, 1998. "Estimated substitution elasticities of a nested CES production function approach for Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Christoph Böhringer, 1996. "Fossil fuel subsidies and environmental constraints," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(3), pages 331-349, October.
- Kuoppamäki, Pasi, . "Impacts of Climate Change from a Small Nordic Open Economy Perspective," ETLA B, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 119, Autumn.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1997. "Carbon Taxes with Exemptions in an Open Economy: A General Equilibrium Analysis of the German Tax Initiative," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-203, February.
- Alan S. Manne & Richard G. Richels, 1999. "The Kyoto Protocol: A Cost-Effective Strategy for Meeting Environmental Objectives?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 1-23.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Robert Shackleton & Peter J. Wilcoxen, 1998. "The Potential Effects of International Carbon Emissions Permit Trading Under the Kyoto Protocol," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 9805, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Herman E. Daly, 1968. "On Economics as a Life Science," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 392-392.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.