Labour Market Policy and Unemployment - A Job Flow Model of Finland
In this study a numerical search equilibrium model of labour markets is applied to the Finnish data in order to analyse the factors behind the record high unemployment of the early 90?s. Job creation and job destruction are endogenously determined from the dynamic optimising behaviour of firms and workers. We find that the labour market policy account for a remarkable part of the Finnish structural unemployment, but cannot explain the adverse development of employment over time. Instead, our analysis suggests that the upsurge in unemployment can be attributed to the increased uncertainty concerning the future productivity.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arkadiankatu 7, P.O. Box 1279, FI-00101 Helsinki|
Phone: +358 295 519 400
Fax: +358 295 519 599
Web page: http://www.vatt.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415.
- Mortensen, Dale & Pissarides, Christopher, 2011. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 19pages-19p.
- Andrew Hildreth & Stephen Millard & Dale Mortensen & Mark Taylor, 1998. "Wages, work, and unemployment," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(11), pages 1531-1547.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.