Finland as a Member of European Union - First Experiences
In 1992 we published estimations about the probable effects of the EU membership on the Finnish economy. The profound economic shock of the early 1990s has made the assessment of the economic impact of Finland?s EU membership a difficult task. Nonetheless, the basic trends in relative prices, changes in foreign trade distribution, and developments in the production structure were estimated rather accurately. The structure of relative prices in Finland no longer deviates from that in the EU as much as it had in the early 1990s. Developments particularly in agriculture have proven to be less severe than forecasted. Instead, the major challenges currently facing both Finland and the EU are adjustment to the EMU and eastern enlargement.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +358 295 519 400
Fax: +358 295 519 599
Web page: http://www.vatt.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1994. "Trade Effects of Regional Aid," CEPR Discussion Papers 910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Torstensson, Rasha, 1996.
"Growth Effects of European Integration,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Torstensson, Johan & Torstensson, Rasha, 1995. "Growth Effects of European Integration," Working Paper Series 439, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Magnus Henrekson & Johan Torstensson & Rasha Torstensson,, . "Growth Effects of European Integration," Discussion Papers 96/1, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Fontagné, Lionel & Freudenberg, Michael & Péridy, Nicolas, 1998. "Intra-Industry Trade and the Single Market: Quality Matters," CEPR Discussion Papers 1959, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.