How Brand Names Affect the Price Setting of Carmakers Producing Twin Cars?
In the automobile sector, it is a usual practice that independent carmakers engage in the development and production of a common car model, the so-called twin-cars. From the point of view of the marketing literature, we claim that carmakers should not charge different brand premia on separate models of a twin car. We use hedonic regressions and panel data estimators to valuate brand premia, by controlling for quality diversity. We find that there are no significant differences between brand premia of separate models of a twin car, even if brand premia may differ across different carmakers.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., .
"The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980. "The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Carol J. Simon & Mary W. Sullivan, 1993. "The Measurement and Determinants of Brand Equity: A Financial Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 28-52.
- repec:ucp:bknber:9780226304557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erdem, Tulin & Broniarczyk, Susan & Charavarti, Dipankar & Kapferer, Jean-Noel & Keane, Michael & Roberts, John & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict & Swait, Joffre & Zettelmeyer, Florian, 1999. "Brand Equity, Consumer Learning and Choice," MPRA Paper 53022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2003-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.