Demand Fluctuations and Productivity of Service Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Morikawa, Masayuki, 2012. "Demand fluctuations and productivity of service industries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 256-258.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miles S. Kimball & John G. Fernald & Susanto Basu, 2006.
"Are Technology Improvements Contractionary?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1418-1448, December.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald & Miles S. Kimball, 1998. "Are technology improvements contractionary?," International Finance Discussion Papers 625, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald & Miles S. Kimball, 2004. "Are technology improvements contractionary?," Working Paper Series WP-04-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Susanto Basu & John Fernald & Miles Kimball, 2002. "Are Technology Improvements Contractionary?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1986, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Susanto Basu & John Fernald & Miles Kimball, 2004. "Are Technology Improvements Contractionary?," NBER Working Papers 10592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996. "Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- Robert Inklaar, 2007.
"Cyclical Productivity in Europe and the United States: Evaluating the Evidence on Returns to Scale and Input Utilization,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(296), pages 822-841, November.
- Inklaar, Robert, 2005. "Cyclical productivity in Europe and the United States, evaluating the evidence on returns to scale and input utilization," GGDC Research Memorandum 200574, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Inklaar, Robert, 2006. "Cyclical Productivity in Europe and the United States, Evaluating the Evidence on Returns to Scale and Input Utilization," CEPR Discussion Papers 5501, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kawamoto, Takuji, 2005. "What Do the Purified Solow Residuals Tell Us about Japan's Lost Decade?," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 23(1), pages 113-148, February.
- Masayuki Morikawa, 2011.
"Economies of Density and Productivity in Service Industries: An Analysis of Personal Service Industries Based on Establishment-Level Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 179-192, February.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2008. "Economies of Density and Productivity in Service Industries: An Analysis of Personal-Service Industries Based on Establishment-Level Data," Discussion papers 08023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Caitlin Knowles Myers & Mark L. Pocock, 2008. "Cues for Timing and Coordination: Latitude, Letterman, and Longitude," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 223-246, April.
- T. Miyagawa & Y. Sakuragawa & M. Takizawa, 2006. "Productivity And Business Cycles In Japan: Evidence From Japanese Industry Data," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(2), pages 161-186.
- Baker, Laurence C. & Phibbs, Ciaran S. & Guarino, Cassandra & Supina, Dylan & Reynolds, James L., 2004. "Within-year variation in hospital utilization and its implications for hospital costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 191-211, January.
- Charlotta Groth, 2008. "Quantifying UK Capital Adjustment Costs," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(298), pages 310-325, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Gabriele, & Enrico Tundis, & Enrico Zaninotto, 2015. "Public Subsidies and Development of Hotel Industry: Evidence from a Place-based Policy," DEM Discussion Papers 2015/10, Department of Economics and Management.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2017. "Dispersion and Volatility of TFPQ in Service Industries," Discussion papers 17088, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- KONISHI Yoko & NISHIYAMA Yoshihiko, 2016. "Efficiency of the Retail Industry: Case of inelastic supply functions," Discussion papers 16054, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2016. "Foreign Tourists and Capacity Utilization in the Accommodation Industry," Discussion papers 16064, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2017. "Impact of Foreign Tourists on Productivity in the Accommodation Industry: A panel data analysis," Discussion papers 17106, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Park, Sangwon & Yaduma, Natina & Lockwood, Andrew J. & Williams, Allan M., 2016. "Demand fluctuations, labour flexibility and productivity," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 93-112.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2008-09-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TUR-2008-09-05 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:08030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .