Total Factor Productivity and Technical Efficiency in the Ethiopian Manufacturing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mulu Gebreeyesus, 2008. "Firm turnover and productivity differentials in Ethiopian manufacturing," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 113-129, April.
- Admit, Zerihun, 1998. "Total factor productivity in the Ethiopian Manufacturing Sector: Extent and trend," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 7(1).
- John W. Kendrick, 1956. "Productivity Trends: Capital and Labor," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kend56-1.
- Subal Kumbhakar & M. Denny & M. Fuss, 2000. "Estimation and decomposition of productivity change when production is not efficient: a paneldata approach," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 312-320.
- Solomon Fabricant, 1954. "Economic Progress and Economic Change," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number annu54-1.
- Erwin Diewert, 2000. "The Challenge of Total Factor Productivity," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 1, pages 45-52, Fall.
- Mahamat Hamit-Haggar, 2009. "Total Factor Productivity growth, Technological Progress, and Efficiency Changes: Empirical Evidence from Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 0905E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Solomon Fabricant, 1954. "Economic Progress and Economic Change," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Progress and Economic Change National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Kendrick, 1956. "Productivity Trends: Capital and Labor," NBER Chapters,in: Productivity Trends: Capital and Labor, pages -3-23 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Sangho Kim & Mazlina Shafi'i, 2009. "Factor Determinants of Total Factor Productivity Growth in Malaysian Manufacturing Industries: a decomposition analysis," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(1), pages 48-65, May.
- Arne Bigsten & Mulu Gebreeyesus, 2007. "The Small, the Young, and the Productive: Determinants of Manufacturing Firm Growth in Ethiopia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 813-840.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hailu, Kidanemariam Berhe & Tanaka, Makoto, 2015. "A “true” random effects stochastic frontier analysis for technical efficiency and heterogeneity: Evidence from manufacturing firms in Ethiopia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 179-192.
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopian manufacturing; stochastic frontier analysis; technical change; technical efficiency; total factor productivity;
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2013-11-02 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etd:wpaper:010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dagmawi Atnafu). General contact details of provider: http://www.edri.org.et .