Critical Evaluation of Cross-Border Infrastructure Projects in Asia
This paper attempts to fill gaps faced by policymakers and practitioners in the evaluation of cross-border infrastructure projects. It first defines what constitutes cross-border infrastructure projects, and then outlines an analytical framework and criteria to evaluate them. The criteria identify additionalities and externalities specific to cross-border infrastructure projects that need to be stressed in covering broader and indirect impacts that are not usually captured in the analysis of national projects. Then the paper examines to what extent the defined criteria are applicable in evaluating recent cross-border infrastructure projects. It also reports on emerging impacts patterns evidenced in relevant studies. The paper draws lessons and implications for design and implementation of cross-border infrastructure projects. [ADBI Working Paper 226]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duflo, Esther & Glennerster, Rachel & Kremer, Michael, 2008.
"Using Randomization in Development Economics Research: A Toolkit,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
- Esther Duflo & Rachel Glennerster & Michael Kremer, 2006. "Using Randomization in Development Economics Research: A Toolkit," CID Working Papers 138, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Duflo, Esther & Glennerster, Rachel & Kremer, Michael, 2007. "Using Randomization in Development Economics Research: A Toolkit," CEPR Discussion Papers 6059, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Esther Duflo & Rachel Glennerster & Michael Kremer, 2006. "Using Randomization in Development Economics Research: A Toolkit," NBER Technical Working Papers 0333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Edmonds & Manabu Fujimura, 2008. "Road Infrastructure and Regional Economic Integration: Evidence from the Mekong," Chapters,in: Infrastructure and Trade in Asia, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kudo, Toshihiro, 2007. "Border Industry in Myanmar: Turning the Periphery into the Center of Growth," IDE Discussion Papers 122, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2981. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.