Competition and Collusion in Grain Markets: Basmati Auctions in North India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paarsch, Harry J., 1992. "Deciding between the common and private value paradigms in empirical models of auctions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 191-215.
- Matthew Shum, 1998. "The Econometrics Of English Auctions," Working Papers mshum-98-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1997.
"Game theory and empirical economics: The case of auction data 1,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Laffont, J.J., 1996. "Game Theory and Empirical Economics: The Case of Auction Data," Papers 95.394, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Mailath, George J. & Zemsky, Peter, 1991. "Collusion in second price auctions with heterogeneous bidders," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 467-486, November.
- Baldwin, Laura H & Marshall, Robert C & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1997. "Bidder Collusion at Forest Service Timber Sales," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 657-699, August.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Murthy, K. V. B. & Nagarajan, Hari K. & Seth, Ashok, 1999.
"Components of the wholesale bid-ask spread and the structure of grain markets: the case of rice in India,"
Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 173-189, October.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Murthy, K.V.B. & Nagarajan, Hari K. & Seth, Ashok, 1999. "Components of the wholesale bid-ask spread and the structure of grain markets: the case of rice in India," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(2), October.
- Jha, R. & Murthy, K.V.B. & Nagarajan, H.K. & Seth, A.K., 1998. "Components of the Wholesale Bid-Ask Spread and the Structure of Grain Markets: The Case of Rice in India," Papers 143, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Graham, Daniel A & Marshall, Robert C, 1987. "Collusive Bidder Behavior at Single-Object Second-Price and English Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1217-1239, December.
- Hendricks, Kenneth & Porter, Robert H, 1988. "An Empirical Study of an Auction with Asymmetric Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 865-883, December.
- Skrzypacz, A. & Hopenhayn, H., 1999. "Bidding Rings in Repeated Auctions," RCER Working Papers 463, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Nelson, Jon P., 1995. "Market structure and incomplete information: Price formation in a real-world repeated English auction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 421-437, August.
- Sareen, Samita, 1999. "Posterior Odds Comparison of a Symmetric Low-Price, Sealed-Bid Auction within the Common-Value and the Independent-Private-Values Paradigms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 651-676, Nov.-Dec..
More about this item
KeywordsWholesale; grain markets; manipulation; price formation; transparent; agricultural markets; basmati; paddy markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-07-31 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-07-31 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CWA-2010-07-31 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-IND-2010-07-31 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-REG-2010-07-31 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .