Are Patients in the Transition World Paying Unofficially to Stay Longer in Hospital? Some Evidence from Kazakhstan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robin Thompson & Ana Xavier, 2004. "Are Patients in the Transition World Paying Unofficially to Stay Longer in Hospital? Some Evidence from Kazakhstan," LICOS Discussion Papers 14004, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
References listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Yuanli & Rao, Keqin & Fei, John, 1998. "Economic transition and health transition: comparing China and Russia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 103-122, May.
- Westert, Gert P. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Groenewegen, Peter P., 1993. "Variation in duration of hospital stay between hospitals and between doctors within hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 833-839, September.
- Robin Thompson & Ana Xavier, 2002.
"Unofficial Payments for Acute State Hospital Care In Kazakhstan. A Model of Physician Behaviour with Price Discrimination and Vertical Service Differentiation,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
12402, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Xavier, Ana & Robin Thompson, 2003. "Unofficial payments for acute state hospital care in Kazakhstan. A model of physician behaviour with price discrimination and vertical service differentiation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 224, Royal Economic Society.
- Mukesh Chawla & Peter Berman & Dorota Kawiorska, 1998. "Financing health services in Poland: new evidence on private expenditures," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 337-346.
- Cairns, John A. & Munro, Jill, 1992. "Why does length of stay vary for orthopaedic surgery?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 297-306, October.
- Campbell, S. M. & Roland, M. O. & Buetow, S. A., 2000. "Defining quality of care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 1611-1625, December.
- Martin, Stephen & Smith, Peter, 1996. "Explaining variations in inpatient length of stay in the National Health Service," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 279-304, June.
- Delcheva, Evgenia & Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin, 1997. "Under-the-counter payments for health care: Evidence from Bulgaria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 89-100, November.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Vivian H. Hamilton, 1997. "Estimating surgical volume-outcome relationships applying survival models: accounting for frailty and hospital fixed effects," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 383-395.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Habibov, Nazim & Cheung, Alex, 2017. "Revisiting informal payments in 29 transitional countries: The scale and socio-economic correlates," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 28-37.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; age; occupation; patients; hospitals; care; kazakhstan; socio-economic;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2010-05-22 (Health Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2010-05-22 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .