Under-the-counter payments for health care: Evidence from Bulgaria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Litvack, Jennie I. & Bodart, Claude, 1993. "User fees plus quality equals improved access to health care: Results of a field experiment in Cameroon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 369-383, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shuey, Dean A. & Qosaj, Fatime Arenliu & Schouten, Erik J. & Zwi, Anthony B., 2003. "Planning for health sector reform in post-conflict situations: Kosovo 1999-2000," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 299-310, March.
- Ensor, Tim & Ronoh, Jeptepkeny, 2005. "Effective financing of maternal health services: A review of the literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 49-58, December.
- Voncina, Luka & Dzakula, Aleksandar & Mastilica, Miroslav, 2007. "Health care funding reforms in Croatia: A case of mistaken priorities," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 144-157, January.
- Szilvia Altwicker-Hámori & János Köllő, 2013. "Hungary: Public sector labour market from crisis to crisis," Chapters,in: Public Sector Shock, chapter 8, pages 300-336 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mæstad, Ottar & Mwisongo, Aziza, 2011. "Informal payments and the quality of health care: Mechanisms revealed by Tanzanian health workers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 107-115, February.
- Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin, 2002. "Understanding informal payments for health care: the example of Bulgaria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 243-273, December.
- Cherecheş, Răzvan M. & Ungureanu, Marius I. & Sandu, Petru & Rus, Ioana A., 2013. "Defining informal payments in healthcare: A systematic review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 105-114.
- FFF1Martin NNN1McKee & FFF2Ellen NNN2Nolte, 2004. "Health sector reforms in Central and Eastern Europe," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 2(7), pages 163-182, April.
- Enkelejda Avdi, 2013. "Autonomy and Financial Sources, Key Factors in the Performance of Health Insurance Scheme: Case of Albania," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 16(50), pages 133-156, December.
- Szende, Agota & Culyer, Anthony Johr, 2006. "The inequity of informal payments for health care: The case of Hungary," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 262-271, February.
- Ensor, Tim & Thompson, Robin, 1998. "Health insurance as a catalyst to change in former communist countries?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 203-218, March.
- Robin Thompson & Ana Xavier, 2004.
"Are Patients in the Transition World Paying Unofficially to Stay Longer in Hospital? Some Evidence from Kazakhstan,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
14004, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Robin Thompson & Ana Xavier, 2010. "Are Patients in the Transition World Paying Unofficially to Stay Longer in Hospital? Some Evidence from Kazakhstan," Working Papers id:2485, eSocialSciences.
- Ensor, Tim & Witter, Sophie, 2001. "Health economics in low income countries: adapting to the reality of the unofficial economy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-13, July.
- Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Frits, 2000. "Appraising the financial reform in Bulgarian public health care sector: the health insurance act of 1998," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 185-199, October.
- Tambor, Marzena & Pavlova, Milena & Rechel, Bernd & Golinowska, Stanisława & Sowada, Christoph & Groot, Wim, 2014. "Willingness to pay for publicly financed health care services in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from six countries based on a contingent valuation method," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 193-201.
- Elka Atanasova & Milena Pavlova & Emanuela Moutafovа & Todorka Kostadinova & Wim Groot, 2015. "Patient charges for health services: the opinions of healthcare stakeholders in Bulgaria," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 232-245, July.
- Atanasova, Elka & Pavlova, Milena & Velickovski, Robert & Nikov, Bogomil & Moutafova, Emanuela & Groot, Wim, 2011. "What have 10 years of health insurance reforms brought about in Bulgaria? Re-appraising the Health Insurance Act of 1998," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 263-269.
- Habibov, Nazim & Cheung, Alex, 2017. "Revisiting informal payments in 29 transitional countries: The scale and socio-economic correlates," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 28-37.
- Kaitelidou, Daphne Ch. & Tsirona, Christina S. & Galanis, Petros A. & Siskou, Olga Ch. & Mladovsky, Philipa & Kouli, Eugenia G. & Prezerakos, Panagiotis E. & Theodorou, Mamas & Sourtzi, Panagiota A. &, 2013. "Informal payments for maternity health services in public hospitals in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 23-30.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:10:p:1053-1062 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Godefridus, 2002. "Public attitudes towards patient payments in Bulgarian public health care sector: results of a household survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Gaal, Peter & Evetovits, Tamas & McKee, Martin, 2006. "Informal payment for health care: Evidence from Hungary," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 86-102, June.
- Nora K Markova, 2006. "How Does the Introduction of Health Insurance Change the Equity of Health Care Provision in Bulgaria?," IMF Working Papers 06/285, International Monetary Fund.
- Colin WILLIAMS & Ioana HORODNIC & Adrian HORODNIC, 2016. "Who is making informal payments for public healthcare in East-Central Europe? An evaluation of socio-economic and spatial variations," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7, pages 49-61, June.
- Gaal, Peter & McKee, Martin, 2005. "Fee-for-service or donation? Hungarian perspectives on informal payment for health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(7), pages 1445-1457, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:42:y:1997:i:2:p:89-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.