Introducing Expenditure Quality in Intergovernmental Transfers: A Triple-E Framework
The present study has sought to introduce, conceptualise and operationalise a scheme for integrating the â€˜qualityâ€™ dimension of public spending into the devolution scheme of intergovernmental transfers by the Finance Commission. The study illustrates a scheme of inter-se distribution from an incentive fund, which we would like to label as a â€œQuality Control Fundâ€ (QCF). Portions of this fund could be kept aside to reward States for their performance on the three aspects of expenditure quality, viz., Expenditure Adequacy, Effectiveness and Efficiency. [DRG Study Series No. 30]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weingast, Barry R & Shepsle, Kenneth A & Johnsen, Christopher, 1981. "The Political Economy of Benefits and Costs: A Neoclassical Approach to Distributive Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 642-64, August.
- Anwar Shah, 1999. "Governing for Results in a Globalised and Localised World," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 385-431.
- Seabright, Paul, 1996.
"Accountability and decentralisation in government: An incomplete contracts model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 61-89, January.
- Seabright, Paul, 1994. "Accountability and Decentralization in Government: An Incomplete Contracts Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shah, Anwar, 2005. "A framework for evaluating alternate institutional arrangements for fiscal equalization transfers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3785, The World Bank.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521851442 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zsuzsanna Lonti & Matt Woods, 2008. "Towards Government at a Glance: Identification of Core Data and Issues related to Public Sector Efficiency," OECD Working Papers on Public Governance 7, OECD Publishing.
- Peter S. Heller, 2005. "Understanding Fiscal Space," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 05/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence From a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 119(2), pages 678-704, May.
- Gordon Tullock, 1959. "Problems of Majority Voting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 571.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.