The Effects of Experience, Ownership, and Knowledge on IPO Survival: Empirical Evidence from Germany
We study the implications of ownership and its induced incentives on firm survival on the stock market for young and high-tech firms. Using a unique data set of all 341 firms listed on the Neuer Markt, the German counterpart of the NASDAQ, our results differ from studies on more traditional firms. Ownership by CEOs has no influence on firm survival when introducing measurements of human capital and intellectual property rights. This confirms assumptions that firms in the knowledge based industries differ also in their governance structure from traditional firms.
|Date of creation:||May 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49-3641-68 65
Fax: +49-3641-68 69 90
Web page: http://www.econ.mpg.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.econ.mpg.de/english/research/EGP/discuss.php Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Strömberg, Per, 2003.
"Characteristics, Contracts and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses,"
SIFR Research Report Series
14, Institute for Financial Research.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Strömberg, 2004. "Characteristics, Contracts, and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(5), pages 2177-2210, October.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Stromberg, 2002. "Characteristics, Contracts, and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses," NBER Working Papers 8764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven & Strömberg, Per Johan, 2002. "Characteristics, Contracts and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses," CEPR Discussion Papers 3243, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2005.
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 649-680, October.
- George P. Baker & Robert E. Kennedy, 2002. "Survivorship and the Economic Grim Reaper," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 324-361, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:egpdis:2004-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kerstin SchÃ¼ck)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.